My soles after Wal-Mart this morning

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by barefooted_in_iowa, Aug 29, 2005.

1. barefooted_in_iowa

barefooted_in_iowa Member

I went at 7 this morning, and much to my liking, the floors were still dirty enough to blacken my soles. I finally reached the plateau in my barefoot lifestyle that I can walk around without worrying who's watching. I can just go about my business like anyone else. Anyone who's experienced this knows how great it feels to feel at home anywhere barefooted.

2. yamark

yamark Member

Congrats! Your feet bottoms are looking nice and tough. Im geeting to the point where I can walk almost anywhere barefoot and Im aiming to ditch my shoes all together.

3. heero134

heero134 Member

They let you into wal-mart?!

4. barefooted_in_iowa

Right on man! If I lived someplace warmer, I wouldn't even own a pair!

5. barefooted_in_iowa

Yes. I have been in there many times, but I'm just now becoming comfortable. I've only been barred entry 2 or 3 times. If you just walk right past the greeter without looking at him, you should have no problems. Confidence is the key. If you look confident like youre not doing anything wrong, they have always ignored it for me. the times where I got kicked out, I felt very timid, and I know it showed on the outside. If they see weakness, they attack, otherwise they let you go about your business

6. yamark

yamark Member

Barefoot sandles sometimes fools them.

7. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

The one time I've been in Wal-Mart I had no problems. Then again, I was wearing long pants.

8. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

I've done Walmart a few times this year and had one hassle I posted about last month. I'm always in shorts, as I've also posted, I can't see covering my legs in order to get my feet "legally" bare.

NOTHING pisses me off more than control freaks, and that's what some, not all, of the lower level associates at these big box stores are.

Again, I don't know if my age is an asset, or a minus. I am likely to be more confident, knowing what my business is about, but also not (quite!) as young and cute as I once was! Today in Home Depot, where we are never hassled, my son and I heard some associate call out to us, "You guys should have something on your feet---" blah blah, nothing done about it, we were in the center of the store. Son calls out " Too baaad---" Not exactly what my response would have been, but he beat me to it, and it'll do.

9. bfrank

bfrank Member

I'm with you, Cool Spruce! Never had a problem in my local Wal-Mart or Home Depot. But in Lowe's, the one and only time anyone said anything was this one employee walked by about 20 feet away and said I needed to have on shoes in the store. I just glared at him for a few minutes and finally said, "What are you talking about?" He said, "You need to have on shoes because you might step on something and hurt your foot." I said, "I think I know how to be careful when I walk. So don't worry about it." He just turned and walked away. I continued shopping, later seeing him at the front near the checkout. I'm sure he saw me again, but said nothing further. I've been in there many times since then with no problems at all.

10. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Thanks. Just another example of one lone control freak taking it upon themself to try to control something they apparently don't like.

In Home Depot yesterday, I think the one lone control freak was really freaked at the sight of me (older guy) with teenage son (obviously younger guy) and BOTH bare foot! Makes some controlers crazy---

11. barefooted_in_iowa

Right on. I've never tried a home depot before, but that seems to be a popular barefooting place. i bet your soles get a lot blacker than at wal mart.

12. bfrank

bfrank Member

Home Depots are notorious for having a standard corporate "no bare feet" sign, among other dire warnings, at their entrances. But the one I usually go to has never had such a sign. That is, unless they've just recently put one up, but I never pay attention any more, I just walk in, always barefoot. One the other hand, there is another Home Depot a little further away from my home, and the one time I went in there barefoot, I noticed they did have a "no bare feet" sign at the door. I ignored it, went on in barefoot, did my shopping and left. Nobody said a word.

13. scrap_rat

scrap_rat Member

We got one Wal-Mart that hassles the crap out of you. The other doesn't say a word, even if you leave your shirt unbuttoned and are barefoot. We got a Target though this Summer and I haven't spent ten bucks at Wal-Mart since. I just haven't tried Target barefoot yet.

14. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

Hey, do you guys get cracks in your heels?
    'Cause I do...

15. steffan

steffan puffin

oh man this reminds me of when i was in denver, me and my friend where sitting on the porch after playing naked tag in the yard and burning a bowl when we got a bad case of midnight munchies. so i throw on some shorts and a t, she puts on her sweats and slips into her birks and we head off to the perpetual safeway. "arnt you gonna wear shoes" she ask as we climb into the truck. " fuck em" i say, being to stoned for elequence. we get to the store and she parks in the middle of the lot so we could goof across the shiny black expanse. by the time we get to the doors i relieze the sharp obstruction in my heal was not gonna fall off on its own, so i do a quick hippy shuffle and look down to see one of those pointy little rocks you get from asphalt fly off. As i do i make a quick check to make sure there were no other hitchers and i noticed how surprising clean my feet were, guess it musta been the rain. So we run around a bit on a bagel hunt and after making sure we got a grin from just about every bored soul in the place we make it too the register. Well were standing there waiting on a bleary eyed kid to do his thing, her poised as always and me in a lazy flamingo stance, my left toes resting on the floor. "Damn look at your feet" she says, "there filthy". I looked down in disbeilief, she was right they looked like I'd been stomping a redneck in the back forty. "They were clean when i came in " i claim in my defence, " I know" she says, glaring at the poor sleep deprived student like he did it all on his own. I take look at my suroundings, my eye falling on all the food in the produce section, bare to there suroundings, and i get this knot deep in my gut. We pay for our grubbins and get the fuck outta there. When we get home i make a beeline too the tub and scrub my nasty diggets like if i didnt hurry i would somehow be contaminated. I was so grossed out by the experience i had two smoke two bowls and get a bit more excersize on clean sheets before i could even think of those bagels.

16. lurker

lurker Member

do you suppose "no shoes, no shirt, no service" signs are there so nobody figures out how dirty stores really are?

17. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Pfft I went into walmart to find my ma and the first thing she says is "your probably not allowed in here without shoes" and an employee was standing right beside her, she's so damn critical she has to try to make me look bad before anyone else can. She so lameeee arg but nah' I've never got kicked out of anywhere for not wearing shoes.

18. bennyh

bennyh Member

stores will someday figure out that my wallet is directly connected to my feet...

19. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

haha YEA!!! Good job bennyh

20. scrap_rat

scrap_rat Member

Yup. Why I don't shop at Kroger unless I just have too. An employee got all pissy cause I in the store barefoot (at 2 AM no less) and shortly thereafter all the stores in my local area had "shirt and shoes required" signs posted. I now shop barefoot at Winn-Dixie.