my plants may be dying

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by devorah, Aug 18, 2005.

1. devorah

devorah Member

i am very new at growing anything green. my babies have been in my window sill for about 4 weeks and now have moved to my closet where they are about 2 ft from hps 400 with fan. i do not think i am overwatering. its warm ... the bigger leaves are yellowing and the stems have stunted growth so the leaves are bunching up. i read that it could be a zinc problem. any advice?

2. rocketdude1234

rocketdude1234 Member

3. devorah

devorah Member

4. devorah

devorah Member

i can describe. i lost my cable to conect my camra. they have thin stems and the ist set of non weed leaves have dried up. the second pair-real leaves also yellow. the new leaves are growing in bunches. a pale green. some palnts have fine color. there are 12-except one curled up and looks dead. i wondering if its too warm. to bright. they have changed environment. i read the label on my dirt its called "sta-gree" a regular potting soil. it does not mention mg fe or the ph level. i also have plant food but if i want to adjust the ph or mg or zinc is there are way to add only those things. i dont want to give too much nutes that will overwhelm my babies.

5. devorah

devorah Member

i think i will get a ph tester. before giving plants anything.

6. rocketdude1234

rocketdude1234 Member

first step is to diagnose ur plant. click that link i posted above and read carefully many def. look alike.

ph of soil is controlled by nutes and water. check the ph of the water coming out of the tap. also, do u leave ur water out 24-48 hours prior to watering? it allows hard chemicals like fluoride and chlorine a chance to dissapate into the air.

good idea buying a ph tester, just dont buy a soil test kit they dont work to accurately.

7. devorah

devorah Member

yes. i got a tester. the soil is around 6.5. i have yet to check the water. your right about leaving the water out. i have not been doing that. still, i think something is wrong. why are the stems not growing but the leaves are bursting.
    i read the link its inclusive and helpful. thank you.

8. rocketdude1234

rocketdude1234 Member

9. devorah

devorah Member

the light is about 2 ft away. they are all in a small space. a free standing hanging closet -covered with aluminium.-i hung the light using some rope and attached it to the pole. it is quite cozy. bright but not too warm. i keep it always ajar about 4 inches and the fan is right there. then a thin green sheet over the whole thing.
    because the soil has nutes already, and i just transplanted them, i am worried about giving them too much stuff-especially when i dont know what they need. i have the epsom salt to add next watering. i will check out the other link. thanks again. it is nice to have feed back.