My parents won't let me go.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by WoodstockChild, May 13, 2006.

1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

I know it really may not help your problem but it is a good read and helped me deal with my mom and step-father when i lived with them. "Summer of Love" by Lisa Mason. Its a sci-fi book but it has a family issue that i could identify with and helped me out. though especially now my mom and i think differently she still loves me no matter what. 10 tattoos and a dread head later lol! and i love her too.

2. DirtyVibe

DirtyVibe Member

Yeah, if you really want to live like John Lennon then you need to do the following:
    - become an alcoholic
    - become a drug addict
    - beat your wife
    - completely neglect the raising of your children

Have fun!

3. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

So, did she go or not?

4. galagala

galagala Member

you could start by showing "fellowship" toward those you're already around. help out those who are in need and love your parents. create the world you want to see.

and if this advice doesn't tickle your fancy.... GET OVER IT!!!! FREE YOURSELF!!!! do some work (or spange) and save some money, buy a bus ticket, OR hitch-hike to a gathering. just don't expect everything to be handed to you, like some other gutter-punks i can think of. and please don't ever show up to a gathering with the words "so, where can i find doses" on the tip of your tongue.

in other words, you need to either endure the "tyranical" rule of your parents and stop whining OR stop whining and do something. either way, stop whining. i hope you can use this advice, kiddo

- Gypsy Joe

5. galagala

galagala Member

i didn't realize you're a 15 year old FEMALE!!! ok, more advice.....

no matter how old or young you are, if you're a female don't EVER hitch alone. i know it's a little biased but, it's sound, safe advice. a bad person will try twice as hard to rape a little girl than if it's a young dude. secondly, uh...... when you make it to a gathering, go straight to a kitchen and plug-in, NO EXCUSES!!!!! unless you play guitar, in which case it's perfectly acceptable to not do any "food work" but, only if you're entertaining those who are preparing food.

-GJ

6. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

especially in this day and age i agree with you completely

7. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

Babysit for someone and raise your own money. Return bottles, etc. Then go. If it's just money. Just have a good head on your shoulders and protect yourself. Rainbow gatherings aren't that unfriendly.. But there is some experimentation that you should be doing elsewhere.

8. Faye

Faye Member

I have gone to gatherings similar to rainbow gatherings. They were more spritual confernces. And they did have somewhat of a loose heiarachy but what them like rainbow gatherings is that anyone who had an open mind and a few dollars could come it was all about community. One particular event was in New Hampshire and the age group was 15 to 22 which is qutie a range because of the difference in life experince, but my parents took a big risk by letting me go into a community where people must police themselves and I was a wrong people who were a lot older then me and some of whom smoked and the community also provided condoms for those who wanted to hook up. I would have understood if my mom and dad had not let me attend because of the age difference and distance from home however it was a beautiful experince. Try and see where your parents are comming from. Iam sorry that you have had such problems with them. I didn't get along with my parents at 15 but now we get along. Keep in mind that you must agree to disagree.