My opinion on make up

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by purcolekraze, May 28, 2004.

1. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

I hate make up, I don't wear any or own any. I don't plan to. I think wearing make-up is being insecure with yourself. People are obsessed with being liked for who they are but how can this work when they wear a shit load of make-up. I think it is nasty. People should just be their self. There is alot of pretty girls at my school but they wear alot of make-up. With out it they would be ugly as hell.

2. kier

kier I R Baboon

that last coment made me laugh :D

yeah, i agree, people shouldn't wear make up all the time...sometimes it's nice if you just put a lil bit on if your going out, but i don't like how some people just slap it on the moment they wake up :(

3. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I love women in make-up. Looking your very best isn't a crime ya know!

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i don't wear it most of the time but sometimes I like to put a little eye makeup on. i don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't take it overboard, i am definately not into the "FAKE" look. i was a theatre geek in high school and loved when we got to do "theatrical" makeup, Dramatic eyes and Glitter :) woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

5. kier

kier I R Baboon

that's the thing....do it for fun :D

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i dont really like makeup much either, i'm opposed to it on so many different levels, BUT as a wise friend of mine once said.... guys dig the chicks wearing makeup. sad but true. check out the hot guys, and the grrls that they're with, and chances are that the grrl is wearing some makeup. even the nature freak hippie guys.

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

It tastes so gross... I really like black eyeliner(not to eat, to look at), especially if it's on a really nice girl, like a Latin American girl, or Mexican or Native American girl.

8. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

ok, i'll be the devil's advocate. i love makeup. it's fun. i'm not into the spackled drag queen look, but i like to reinvent myself with makeup, according to how i feel.

i don't feel that wearing makeup means you hate yourself.

i am a rep for a direct sales company that sells makeup, and i don't feel like i am selling insecurity to my customers. most of them think makeup is fun, like i do...

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

My little sister wears too much makeup. She also doesn't wash it off at night or in the morning... she just layers it on until she takes a shower... which is like two or three times a week... It looks like her face is crumbling... eew...

I never really wear any, unless I'm having a bad day or I'm going somewhere, then I wear mascara. Sometimes a little concealer, in the event of an emergency. I do wear blush for job interviews and stuff.... I hate eyeshadow, though... it always smears all over the place. My little face likes to breathe, so I let her. :D

I don't wear it because I hate myself, when I do wear it... I'm just doing everyone else a favor.. hehe... :D I'm really just too lazy to put it on...it always gets in my eyes and stuff... It can give me a little more confidence sometimes, though, because I look like such a little girl when I'm not wearing any... so if I need to go do something important, I'll put a little on so I look more womanly. hehe

10. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

Hey, I wear it!!! I don't like it heavy though, and I use natural products. I wear lipgloss, eye liner and mascara,oh and sometimes this natural cover up that protects my fair skin from the sun and covers a breakout if I have one! I remember though back in high school those girls that wore heavy make up like everyday! If you do that it's no fun when you have someplace special to go!

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I'm addicted to Carmex and Burts Bees chapstick stuff... :)

12. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I love makeup. I think of it as body art. Sometimes I draw and color on my body and it seems to me the same thing if you draw and color on your face. A great brand is Tony & Tina. They're all about vibrational rememdies/using color to your advantage.

13. butterfly

butterfly Member

I love make-up. I think there's an art to doing amazing make-up, it can be really creative. Not too much mind. Some people in my school wore far too much, so as well as this orange glow from their fake tan, they'd have brown cheeks, which I think was meant to be blusher.

Make-up is not meant to hide who you are, it's meant to enhance it. If you HAVE to put on make-up to walk round to the local shops then something's wrong.

14. jendi17

jendi17 Member

Yeah, there's people in my school who wear layers of crap and who look orange because they pile it on top of their fake tans.

15. kier

kier I R Baboon

just call them clowns :)

just kidding :eek:

16. butterfly

butterfly Member

Well I lile most of them, it's just they are slightly misguided in erm...decorating their face.

17. Crayon

Crayon Member

Ya know...Im not much into makeup. I think its really annoying and plasticcy. I think that a woman's beauty should radiate on its own. Wearing makeup reminds me of being masked, or makes me feel inferior that Im not perfect. I like to let my imperfections out :D Hehe...tho I do wear lipgloss. I dont think anyone is bad for wearing the stuff,I just dont like it....unless its like body paint or something. Sometimes it can be cool,but most of the time its just too much for me.

18. Gem

Gem Member

I like wearing makeup sometimes. Not because I think it makes me look "better" or makes me feel better about myself, but just because I like having pretty colours and sparkles on my face!!!!!! It's nice to have a change sometimes.

19. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

That's exactly how i feel, i love make up, it's just fun!! When i was younger I used to wear a lot of make up everytime i went out, and then i just got sick of doin it all the time, i don't wear too much now, but i like it, it's like art, you can do cool stuff with it! but i agree with some of the other posts, when you see girls who just have this nasty make up glow to their skin, i hate that!

20. torz

torz Member

i've got really mixed feeling on make-up. i do like to wear it sometimes. i'm not an everyday make-up wearer, i only wear it when i'm going out clubing or to a party. but i dont agree with how they make make-up, how its tested and what goes into it.

i will try and find make-up thats not been tested on animals (there arnt that many products that dont), i wont wear lipstick of lip gloss because the fact that they make it with fat from a kabab drip tray (the tray the is under the meat & grill thing in a kabab shop).