My Memes I Just Made...

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Jimbee68, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Boy, I made several posts here today. I think that is a new record for me. Well, I think I'll probably stop for today. But I wanted to share the following with you.

I guess I'm sort of old school when it comes to using a computer. I use a Wordpad document, because it is amazing how you can manipulate it. And it does have a feature where you can save it as a jpeg image. IAE, I made a whole bunch of memes just now (that's what you call quotes with a little imagery, isn't it?). You know I am proud that they look so professional. My friends on Facebook and Twitter probably don't even realize I was the one who made them.

Anyways, many were on a Star Trek theme. You know, some of the statements made there are so profound, don't you think. Tell me if you agree. Anyhow, I am not going to attach all my memes here. I will simply past all the text I used:

"One world's butcher is another world's hero. Perhaps I am neither one."

- Jarok, to Picard, The Defector (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Season 3, Episode 10

"Data, you're here to learn about the human condition and there is no better way of doing that than by embracing Shakespeare."

—PICARD, The Defector (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Season 3, Episode 10.

"Anticipation is fun."

—ST: TNG (Counselor Deanna Troi).

"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true." Mr. Spock, "Amok Time"

"Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them." Mr. Spock, "The Ultimate Computer"

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard, "The Drumhead"

"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." Q, "Q Who?"

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." Jean-Luc Picard, "Encounter At Farpoint"

"When dreams become more important than reality, you give up travel, building, creating; you even forget how to repair the machines left behind by your ancestors. You just sit living and reliving other lives left behind in the thought records." Vina, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage")

"They used to say that if Man was meant to fly, he'd have wings. But he did fly. He discovered he had to." James T. Kirk, "Return to Tomorrow"

"To be human is to be complex. You can't avoid a little ugliness — from within — and from without." James T. Kirk, "Requiem for Methuselah"

"Data, from your own experience of performing Ebenezer Scrooge, you're aware how fear can be a very powerful motivator."

Jean-Luc Picard, "Devil's Due"