My Medicine?!(for experienced stoners)

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by bertrose, May 25, 2004.

1. bertrose

bertrose Member

Hey. I just wanted to provide a story to all, mostly what I feel about Marijuana. Basically, I just got high today. I got sooo high that I felt as though I wouldn't be coming down to a comfortable point as to not tip off the parents that I was smoking. What I realized while thinking this, is that I haven't had any fun getting high because I was rushing the effects so much. I became paranoid and stupified, that I would get caught. Well, I started thinking, and I came to a very interesting fact. This fact should NEVER be told to a person that hasn't smoked much pot. I find this a break through. Here is my story:

I had this sore throat for about two days now and, I got high with some new pot. Sativa is what I was hoping I got because I haven't enjoyed anything Indica for a long time. It felt like an Indica high, so I was alittle pissed. (I'm sorry if this sounds like a Novel, but im still kinda high). Well, Im alittle bit high now and my sore throat is magically gone. I realize now(Okay, this is my point), that some people like the effects of Marijuana and, some people don't enjoy the effects all that much, I being the last of the two. I realized that, Marijuana is essential for medicine, regardless of whether you like it or not. Marijuana is a very effective healing agent. When I smoked it today, It recharged my well-being and health. It HEALED my sore throat!! This sounds pretty spiritual, but I believe it like I believe in Jesus.

Thanks for listening,

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

I agree. If I feel queasy or if my stomach hurts I can just smoke a bowl and it usually makes me feel better. I actually learned this the second time I ever smoked. I felt so sick, then I smoked some and it all went away.

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I agree. Sometimes I'll take a few hits if I'm feeling sick or nauseous or some shit.
    :D:D:D
    (Note: I am also high... w00t)

4. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

most people dont understand (dont want to understand) the medicinal values of the herb. why do ya;ll think california folks call it medicine?

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

5. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

smoking pot is the best headache medicine you'll ever find, and its great for hangovers too.

6. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

smoking has made my throat feel better before but i don't think it cures my cough. i can't get rid of it.

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i had this viral infection. it was off and on for 2 months. so when i came home for winter break i started to smoke again, a little bit at a time. and the viral infection was gone. i'd take a shit load of pills and whatnot at school, that only worked temporarily, but when i came home, and took a few hits, i felt soo much better.

8. bertrose

bertrose Member

yeah i still have a cough, thats too bad, but atleast i can know to smoke when i have a sore throat, and it will be better!!!

WOW!! this is pretty sweet! Marijuana is like every medicine, except the anticough medicine, all in ONE plant! This is one more reason i have no idea why its illegal!!!

peace!

9. aesther

aesther Member

hahaha man, what a crazy ass thread. I went into your post reading into something that you weren't even aware of. LMAO. When your post ended...I was like ....huh?
    I thought your post was going to lead more into your paranoia of marijuana and what you realized about making it go away or something like that, you know?

heh, shit...I'm also high right now

10. Velouria

Velouria Member

Agreed! If I drink a ton of water right before bed and smoke the next morning, I don't get hangovers.

11. Tsubasa

Tsubasa Member

I'm not saying that smoking won't help hangovers. Never tried it myself. But it's the water you're drinking that's taking care of most of it. The hangover the next morning is due to dehydration. (If we're talking alcohol hangovers) So drinking water before you sleep (hopefully an equal or greater amount than you drank in alcohol) will cure hangovers.

12. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

I did have a hunch that smoking cured my throat! No wonder whenver I got a sore throat and I smoked that day I never felt it again!

13. reefer121

reefer121 Member

my mum and i were sick at the same time about a month ago and we both had the same thing. b4 i went 2 sleep every nite i had a bit of weed. i got better like in 3 days and my mum was sick 4 like 2 weeks.
    does any1 know if weed lowers or raises blood pressure. i think read sumwhere that it lowers it but im not sure

14. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

Do you smoke cigarettes?

15. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Once, I ate some fish and chips, I got pritty sick and quesy, so I went out and smoked a joint, felt %100 better, this stuff works way better then Pepto Bismol and other stomach medicines.

16. bertrose

bertrose Member

It lowers blood pressure because it expands the blood vessels, when u have a bigger hole to pump blood through u don't need to be pumping that hard. Thats why us smokers get red eyes because the vessels in our eyes gets bigger...

peace

17. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

ugh...yesterday i had tuesday school (for bad kids, like a really long detention) from 4-8, and i figured i would get stoned before hand to make it a little entertaining (there's no talking, eating, drinking, sleeping, etc at tuesday school so it gets a little boring)

about two and a half hours into it i started coming down... and i got the worst headache i have ever had in my life...
    this isn't too uncommon for me, getting headaches when coming down...so pot GIVES me headaches

18. thoughtless_wanderer

thoughtless_wanderer Member

I've found smoking really helps my cramps when it's that time of the month for me. And headaches also find relief after a few puffs. Of course, the occasional dirt weed offered by a friend will actually give me a headache, but most of the time I find my tension eased away when I sit down to smoke.

19. Peace_of_Pizza

Peace_of_Pizza Member

When you are ill its your brain that makes u feel that way and triggers the effects like swollen glands. Weed stops these effects so u arnt actually better u still got a virul infection or warever but who cares! if u feel better then thats fine also my favourite need for weed is going to sleep, if i smoke a J befor i go to bed i can literally fall to sleep as soon as i hit the pillow.

20. reef

reef Member

lol, yah i wouldn't recomend smoking more ganja if you have a sore throat or a cough.

the only medical purpose i guess i use ganja for is the same as the guy above me. if im having trouble falling asleep, i toke a bowl and then i goto sleep right away.