My Marijuana Story. Why I Quit and Why im Satisfied with my Decision to quit.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by hebrewnational00, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

^^^ i heard that as well... weed fights cancer cells, i thought i saw it on the news one time.

lol so again, ur basically agreeing with me. ur saying that weed does have positive effects, and it also has some (<--some) negative effects on everyone as well.

GOOD. :D

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Well now you're just puttin words in my mouth. I never, nor would I ever, say that, because it's not true.

Go back and read my last post. I posted an article.

3. hebrewnational00

that article talks about it having some benificial effects, which i agree with now, and i agreed with that ppl who are sick can benifit from it a lot!

also, it said that "appropriate marijuana use" has beneficial effects, ppl who smoke all day everyday, certainly isn't appropriate.

4. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Well ofcourse a psychological addiction would be all in your head... EHH

5. TopNotchStoner

Why? Just because you say so?

6. TopNotchStoner

The point that I, along with plenty of others on this thread, have been trying to make is, you don't know what's right for everyone else. What lead to some bad shit in your life may lead to nothing but positives in other peoples' lives. But no.....you're too smart to think like that:rolleyes:

7. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

I like that reverse-age PsyCho in your last line TNS.

8. TopNotchStoner

You callin me a psycho, foo? haha

9. hebrewnational00

something negitive may lead to nothing but positives in other ppls lives in other ppls lives, but it doesn't, in this case.
    and since when is being high all the time (or smoking everyday) an appropriate thing to do? u think it may be, b/c u said so?

i never said I KNEW what was right for everyone else, idk where u get this from, and u keep repeating it that "i think i know whats best for everyone" i never said i did.
    im just saying weed being completely harmless isnt very common, nor is weed being completely negitive common. weed however is underated b/c of its effects. it should be used with more caution than it usually used with. ppl are often under the impression that weed is without a doubt completely easy to quit, they are often under the impression that weed has no negative effects what so ever, and it really does. it has many positive effects, but smoking weed daily has negitive effects as well. THATS MY POINT. i never siad i know what best for everyone. im not saying not smoking is whats best for everyone, b/c i dont believe thats right, nor do i believe that i have the slightest idea on whats BEST for everyone, so just stop sayin "i think i know whats best for everyone" b/c it just a retarded ass thing to say.

10. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Okay, ask yourself this, since when is being in an altered state of conscious all the time a bad thing? Who writes the rules of how to dictate our personal lives? And what acts makes our personal lives shameful? Only you can be really ashamed of yourself, as you know when you're doing something you shouldn't be doing. Drugs, so what? Don't let the guilt get to you, especially if you are the one creating it. Some people dedicate their lives to the legalization of the herb, they'll smoke it, and be as normal and socialable as they have always been. Personally I envy this type.

Ultimately what is right and wrong is up to you, or based on your morallity. If it was in your best interest to quit smoking marijuana, good for you, you did it, it's your accomplishment, be happy. You are only creating a negative boundary in your mind by believing you are a commiting a shameful act by smoking the MJ. Marijuana has been smoked, and will be smoked, both carelessly, and carefully.

Side effects and long term effects are different for everybody. Smoking occasionally has already been proven to be close to harmless. Smoking long term has it's different kind of effects for everybody.. hey, some people go psychotic when they don't smoke weed. It's happened, especially with the people over in the middle east who smoke hashish like there's no tomorrow. Read it up on google.

Unfortunately many people will never know the dangers of the drugs they are about to dive into. It's good to know your shit, but people don't like it when you come off as you are trying to dictate their life... share you advice, share your down falls, but don't tell people that it's "how it is", because it isn't.. it's just that way for you bro, and to the few who may be able to relate in certain aspects of it.

Okay, and you're point is well understood. People are usually well aware of the negative effects, and some people will choose to remain ignorant and not care. Just don't go around telling people it's going to leave them with a negative result.. some people can smoke daily.. for years and years... quit cold turkey with no symptoms.. it's all about your own brain chemistry and psychological traits.

Have a good day :)

11. hebrewnational00

lol swOoOsh ur cool man.

12. hebrewnational00

to add on to this argument.

Read this:

Marijuana is very deceptive because it is extremely slow acting.

Very little of its active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), has reached the brain at the time of the "high." Hence the drug appears to the user to be mild.

However, the user does not realize that it has an appreciable effect on his body for over a month.

About 40% of the THC is stored in the body fat and is then slowly released into the blood over many weeks. Each joint adds to the supply of THC that the body is storing, thereby increasing the level of it in the blood. When a person smokes regularly, the THC in his blood is sufficient to sedate him all the time.

...(testing done on a monkey which is fucked up lol but read this)
    ....The level of marijuana use by the monkey is equivalent to the smoking of two joints per week of modern pot with 12% THC, by a teenager weighing 130 pounds. We can expect serious long-term brain damage from this level of marijuana use. We can also expect detectable brain damage in a teenager smoking half this level, i.e., one joint of 12% THC per week.

13. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

A source would help to start.

We've already established that long term marijuana use can have it's harsh negatives on certain individuals. And everybody knows the shit shows up on piss tests for up to a month afterwards too if u smoke like a maniac. Lol.

I don't think the remaining THC in my blood stream is making me high at all, just to add an inside ThE AdDiCtIoN opinion :\ Or recovering anyway.

Peace

14. TopNotchStoner

I never said smoking everyday is the best thing for everyone to do, but it doesn't cause negative effects for everyone, as you seem to think it does.

You never said you knew what was right for everyone, but you claim to know what everyone SHOULDN'T do, so you think you know what is WRONG for everyone. Some epeople shouldn't smoke everyday, sure, but some people have no reason not to smoke everyday, because they don't allow the negative shit to come into play. SOME of us know how to control ourselves.

15. hebrewnational00

another one....Researcher A.J. Budney and his associates assessed in their homes 12 daily marijuana users who did not use other illicit drugs on 16 consecutive days during which they smoked marijuana as usual, abstained from smoking, returned to smoking, and abstained again. Consumption of alcohol and nicotine was allowed. Irritability, restlessness, anger, and sleep problems INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY ON CESSATIONS OF USE.

16. TopNotchStoner

If the THC being in your system for a month or so was enough to significantly sedate anyone, we would only need to smoke once per month to remain high for the whole month.

Also, "we can espect some serious long-term brain damage from this level of marijuana use" is also complete bullshit. YOU even know that. Everything you just posted is complete propogandist bullshit and you can't believe that shit, for a second.

17. sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh Banned

Dude. It's all psychological, trust. If all you like to do is smoke weed, and then you decide to stop, what do you think is going to happen? Boredom, shitty mood, and for others, anxiety. How do you expect not to be irritable, when you are bored and in a shitty mood? How do you expect to sleep if you are having intense anxiety.

There is only the here and now, it's your decision to think it's changed you long term, when in reality, that mindset is probably what is changing you long term. Sounds crazy, but it could be true. You sound like you could use some meditation to find yourself again, seeing as you've apparently lost it in the midst of smoking the ganj. It happens. It can end. Don't go reading restlessly over the internet finding anything to believe that you caused yourself brain damage.

18. hebrewnational00

Infrequent cannabis use causes few mental health or behavioral problems, but this does not mean that cannabis use is harmless. Clinicians have a role in making young people aware of the risks. It is hoped that as information on the hazards for mental health of cannabis use percolates high schools, perceptions of harmfulness may increase and use diminish.

Evidence is accumulating that regular marijuana use during adolescence may have effects, whether biological, psychological, or social, that are different from those in later stages of development. Although there has been much discussion about the association between cannabis consumption and psychosis, research in the past 10 years has highlighted the link with depression.

19. TopNotchStoner

Of course......it goes along with my "habit" theory. Anyone who stops doing something after they have become accustomed to doing it often is gonna be restless, irritable, a little angry, etc. That is all the mental shit. The sleep problems are also gonna happen, because people have become used to going to sleep while they're stoned, so they have to adjust to not being stoned anymore. That's not because of the marijuana; that's just because they have gotten used to going to bed while stoned. So what?

20. hebrewnational00

Exactly, i completely agree with this. (i dont completely agree with the "its all psychological"). but good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.