My mall doesn't have a Hollister!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DroopySnoopy, Jun 25, 2006.

1. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Never heard of it.

2. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Oh boy, Hollister/Abercrombie/AE/Structure/etc/etc/etc///
    $10 K-Mart clothing with $30 corporate logos on it...I can't wait to bankrupt myself for the sake of being a living billboard.

3. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

www.hollisterco.com check it out...

4. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Oh, now that I went to the website- there is one of those stores in the mall around here.

I just don't go to malls much. Some of their stuff is pretty cool but if I remember right a bit over priced.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

clothing is crap that you have to have not to get in trouble for being nakked. and then in winter time to keep from freezing your ass off. other then that, it's the last thing in hell i'd ever want to blow any more then i had to of whatever i had to spend on.

it's having to throw money away on crap like that which cons people out of things that can actualy be used to gratify by exploring or being creative with.

all about convincing people to pretend they are free while keeping them defacto slaves.

the idea of putting stores togather in an enclosed mall isn't a bad one, but surrounding it by acres and acres of pavement instead of putting a transit stop or even transfer point right inside it also is nuttier then a fruit cake too.

all to get people to throw their money away on crap that gratifies nothing to keep them enslaved.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My little sister shops at Hollister. I think they're too way preppy looking for my style and I think they're overpriced. I mean, it's ridiculous what my sister pays for a pair of jeans with holes in them. I told her I'd gladly take a pair of jeans and put holes in them for her, for half the price she pays for them there. ;)

7. fritz

fritz Heathen

Never heard of it 'till now.

8. Butters

Butters Senior Member

Ummm.....I don't feel "enslaved" at all. I don't know about everyone else, but I am damn sure that 99% of people sure as hell don't want to be walking around naked. And plus, it is a VOLUNTARY decision to shop for more expensive clothing at a mall. I do it because I enjoy it, not because I want to show off or anything. I enjoy wearing nice clothes, it makes me happy, and I like the feel of the higher quality materials. Plus, I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to face the fact that cars are the way to get around nowadays. So unless you want our economy to plummet, and our ability to get around to be severely compramised, then I suggest you just live with the fact that there will be parking lots. Yes, public transportation is nice, but there is NO WAY IN HELL a bunch of buses can get EVERYONE in a city to where they need to go.

9. Butters

Butters Senior Member

Hahaha, yes, but they don't ever look as good. Whoever rips the jeans for clothing stores always does a really good job, compared to what I could do myself. haha. If I tried to rip up my own jeans, that would just look stupid.

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, i don't buy jeans with holes in them already. i rather get holes from wear and tear than by them already holed up

11. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I got a gift certificate to Hollister for christmas i havent used yet.
    maybe i should go

12. alex714

alex714 To the Left

Hollister needs to die.

13. Butters

Butters Senior Member

Correction....there are only a few shirts from each of those companies that actually have their names on the outside of them. Most all of their polos, etc. have no name on them at all, which are the only ones I wear. No, I would never wear shirts that have brand names on them, but saying that everything those stores sell have their names on the outside is unfair. That is not the case at all.

And I can GUARENTEE you that K-Mart clothes do not carry the quality that the more expensive ones do, nor would they fit, at least me, anywhere near as well.

14. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

i only wear FUBU, Rocawear and sean john

15. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

When I walk by that store in the mall, I feel like I'm being completely alienated. They have freakin people hired to stand in the doorway and make people feel self-conscious, I think. I'm pretty comfy in my own skin until I have them breathing down my neck from 10 feet away.

Last year when my dad took my brother and I clothes shopping, my brother went in there and my dad and I waited outside, then saw this crowd of a bunch of incredibly originalWhen I walk by that store in the mall, I feel like I'm being completely alienated. They have freakin people hired to stand in the doorway and make people feel self-conscious, I think. I'm pretty comfy in my own skin until I have them breathing down my neck from 10 feet away.

Last year when my dad took my brother and I clothes shopping, my brother went in there and my dad and I waited outside, then saw this crowd of a bunch of incredibly original girls ([​IMG] If you've seen The Oblongs, think the Debbies) prance up and litterally SHOVE people that are in their way so they can get in. My dad laughed and said he wished I had been one of those people they pushed because security guards woulda been pulling me off of them. [​IMG] I like knocking people who think they're better than me down a few knotches.

Needless to say, I cannot go into Hollister...I have enough issues following my friend into AE.

16. lynsey

lynsey Banned

hah that is hillarious...you've obviously never seen me in person d:

17. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm not into the whole holes in my jeans thing, never was. If I wear jeans it's usually with heels and a cute top I hardly ever do them casual because they make me look too young

18. DroopySnoopy

:):):)

19. DroopySnoopy

I have never sen a greeter at Hollister. Most of the folks working there are pretty cool, unlike Abercrombie, where the sales staff literally rolls their eyes at you as soon as you walk in.

20. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

just for fun sometimes, i'll make myself look like the biggest dirtbag ever and go into A&F just to get looks from the sales people. haha