my major flaw

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boogabaah, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i'm too nice.. and instead of fighting back.. i give up a lot of the times.

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Well, stop that.

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I dont think that is actually a flaw but rather the flaw is in those who take advantage of your trait.

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i know there are some situations that i need to stand up for myself.. and i don't. :& i need to grow some balls.

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

They can be over rated, think two very sensative items hanging out below your body line and at a hieght that most any one can kick.

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

It's not her flaw.

But as another woman who's taken a lot of shit by being "nice"- it's not how the world always operates.

It may be (and probably is) their problem but people need to learn how to tactfully grow a spine.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i'm gonna make some therapist rich someday... hmm..

maybe i should just do like i do here.. say whatever the hell i want and stop worrying about hurting others feelings.. cus it seems "they" don't give a damn if they hurt mine

8. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Take a speech and debate class, 1 year of it and you will argue anything and love it. I had to take one in middle school (6th grade) as I was out of PE because of hip surgery and my parents dreaded that. I mastered the skills of critical thinking and debate. I could argue anything and even change sides in the middle of it and then back again.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

you can be nice and still stand up for yourself. i'm a nice guy, but i don't let people run all over me.

10. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

a debate class might not be a bad idea..

i can't seem to see the line between.. being nice and letting someone walk on me.. until AFTER it's done and over with

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

you'll learn where that line is with more experience. start with the small things, and build up.

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

You can still be nice yet also possess some kahoonas. It's all in how you balance things. I've had to learn to be more assertive/aggressive because I was forever getting walked on. Still working on it, but I can be quite ballsy at times, believe it or not.

Take baby steps, don't start running all at once. You'll get where you need to be with practice.

{{{Hugs}}}

13. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yeah, i used to have a martyr complex, too. then i got over it, swung way too far to the dark side, now i think i'm sitting at a healthy medium.

14. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I'm not too nice but have found myself letting alot of stuff go. Stuff that I have a right to say something about but saying something will just make the situation more difficult for me to deal with....as the other person has already proved themselves to be assholeish.

edit- fighting back is just that....fighting. sometimes I don't have the energy

15. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Now thats what you need, move in with missF for a bit, damn she will teach you had to stand up for yourself or she will kill ya, lol

16. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Hey now, that's a job for me. I should rent myself out to people. I'll break up with bad partners, kick out grown freeloading kids, acquire difficult purchase refunds, and tell in-laws to mind their business.

talk about loving your job

17. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

And teaching others how to handle life better, oh man thats just your corner. I can see it now.....

If you are having problems getting a dead beat dad to pay, do you want to break up with a partner but afraid to do it, did you ever wish to annoy bill collectors? Tough situations call for tough actions, call 1-800-ASS-KICK