My love for Converse shoes

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by Jessicaluvsmusic, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Jessicaluvsmusic

Jessicaluvsmusic Members

Hi there,

My name is Jessica and I am 19. I've been wearing Converse Chuck Taylors since I was 5 and I started wearing them frequently when I was 16. I really enjoy the feel and style of the shoe. I find them to be really cute and stylish. My favorite part is the rubber toe cap. Currently, I own 15 pairs of Converse and was hoping if someone can have a discussion with me about them.

Jamesbro likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

3. I have had a few pairs of Chuck Taylors in my life. I liked them and I used to wear them with no socks, but I found over time that I like shoes with more support. My favorite shoes now are Merrill’s, I have worn out at least 10 pairs.

4. I like PF Flyers better.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think once you hit the double digits, it became time to discuss them with a therapist.

6. wooleeheron

Or a podiatrist at the very least.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Had A Collection Of 32 "High Tops" And No Two Pairs The Same Colour.......I Don't

Think Therapy Would Have Done Me Any Good...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Eric! likes this.
  8. wooleeheron

Shoes are cheap, and can be sold by the Salvation army after you die. Many an amputee has to worry about throwing about a perfectly good shoe. But, in your case, I'd worry more about throwing my mind away.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like the way converse look but they're fucking uncomfortable to wear when you have to walk a lot
    They're tennis shoes you wear on casual friday in the office when you're just sitting at a desk, not when you're going to be on your feet a lot
    Or maybe that's just me

Gayandgray likes this.
  10. wooleeheron

I loved sneakers when I was a kid, but when I lived in Hawaii I never wore anything other than a pair of shorts if I could help it, for four years. Now I wear moccasins, because running around all the time is just not happening, and I can't wear leather anywhere else on my body.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Mulishas for me.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is that a character from the lion king?

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah it's a shoe brand I think. The one with the skull. Wearing an M42 helmet.

[​IMG]

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  14. Sagewynd

Sagewynd Real men wear bras

I used to wear chucks a lot back in high school and college, now can't even wear them at all because they kill my feet. that was about 15 years ago when you could still get them for something like $20, they'd last maybe a year if I was lucky but I was also a skater then so I really tore them up. then Nike bought Converse out, they became fashionable again and the price shot up to $60 (last I saw) making them completely not worth it. but I love the look, especially high tops with slim pants are very attractive.

now, as far as vans go...

15. Jessicaluvsmusic

Jessicaluvsmusic Members

Converse shoes are still worth buying even though it costs more. I just wished Nike upped the quality and added arch support.

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like my Pumas which are my gym shoes (they're stained). But when I returned my Doc Martens I got store credit and subsequently bought New Balance. So I have New Balance right now. I'm a huge shoe nut! I only have 3 pair, but I typically buy multiple pairs of shoes per year; & it has nothing to do with when they wear out. I do walk lots and I go to the gym, so one pair is for the gym (because they keep getting fucked up there).

I don't care for Chucks personally. I had a pair in 7th grade. I think they were really hip then. This was in 1992 :D

17. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

Soul
    I have an issue with shoes as well. I buy them constantly. Converse is now owned by none other than NIKE which is hard to fathom
    since they were once rivals. Think about to the Magic Johnson and Larry Bird days, they each endorsed and wore Converse.
    New Balance makes a great running shoe comfort wise and they seem to have a wide variety of sizes in their lines.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you didn't have pumps in 1992 you weren't living. :p

19. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

now that was funny
    and true all at the same time

Reebok has made a comeback

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to work at a sporting goods place in footwear. We sold lots of New Balance. They have different widths. I think my New Balance are kind of clunky though.

[​IMG]
    Not the best pic of them, but as it's not too important these are them. :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019