My local movie theater was robbed of 10,000 $

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fluffernutter, May 10, 2019.

1. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Member

The thieves got away with three boxes of popcorn, two large sodas, three boxes of candy and a hotdog.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

LOL...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Fluffernutter likes this.
  3. Nekkidbigguy

Nekkidbigguy Visitor

Is that all ? U must go to the CHEAP theaters. Lmbo

4. highlander69

highlander69 Members

haha remember in late 70 s a movie theater that showed xxx movies was robbed. guys went in with guns took everyones wallits and money.Very few victums if ny wanted to talk with cops

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah when the cost of the popcorn alone is more than the ticket, somethings screwed up

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ya'all actually buy the popcorn?

I never got what the big deal about popcorn was.

The cinema I usually go to has cooked potato wedges sour cream and chilli which is bizarely cheaper than a large popcorn

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well in real life movie theaters it's either popcorn or $40 milk duds. those things are so bad they have "dud" right in their name.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Gold class its called, we went when we saw Captain Marvel.

The tickets are only $8 more than the regular cinema, you get a proper reclining lounge chair,
    (Which means if its a boring movie I fall asleep) theres only like 20 other people in the cinema as thats all it seats, never any kids or annoying teens.

But bizarely, you go to regular cinema, its $19 for a large soda and large popcorn. Whereas Gold class hot wedges are $8 and you can get a proper coffee for $6

So maybe snooty, but it only works out $3 more, I get a chair thats ten times better, no noisy teens and a hot tasty alternative to crappy popcorn.

Ive just convinced myself to never go to a poor persons cinema ever again ;)

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

People actually buy snacks at the movie theatre? Just smuggle them in like a real American.

hotwater and Meliai like this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i guess it depends on where you go. each time i've gone, for me its so seldom, maybe once every couple of years on average, but not evenly spaced, that almost every time i go, everything is all different. calling the concession stand a cafeteria makes me laugh and groan at the same time. and its not like there's anything more or better most of the time then when they just called it a candy counter.

11. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Thank God the Milk Duds are safe!

themnax likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

air poppers. had one once. i forgot all about those things. bulk popping corn is cheap.

13. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I don t buy food when go movies I go to watch show not eat..If I drink I ll have to pee miss show