My Idea For An Animal Utopia...

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I've had this idea for quite some time. And I'm delighted I've finally gotten the chance to share it.

You know we all look forward to a utopia on earth some day as do I. But what about the poor animals. Like my Aunt Grace used to say, something's always killing and eating something else. Anyway here's my idea. We build a large terrestrial zoological park, where even the animals can live in peace and harmony. I may he the first person to come up with this idea. Of course this would otherwise create ecosystem catastrophe. But by the future I don't think that'll be an issue anymore.

You know I am still touched by this Biblical passage: "The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them? (Isaiah 11:6, ESV). As Mark Twain once said the Bible is filled with lies. But it's still apt in some ways.

As long as I'm talking about utopias. You know I am really drawn to Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World". People say that they were all shallow. They'll always be. And that it rejects the value of retribution. I think retribution is a stupid idea, don't you, especially when people take it too far.

Yeah, in "Brave New World" the savage is the guy who basically would just like us, which is ironic. I sometimes fancy myself like the savage in that book. I don't know why. I'm actually very civilized. Maybe it's because like him, I enjoy quoting Shakespeare.

Any thoughts on my Zoo idea? And am I the first to come up with it? Thank you in advance.

jimandjan likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its called furry and they even have conventions and everything. even websites. been around for several decades now.
    and yes, some of them are even streight and christers. though its more into being accepting of all genders, and concepts.
    don't understand how anything can be called utopian otherwise. mostly its about art, but there is also acting and costuming, voice acting, music, any kind of talent one might have.
    though only thing it doesn't welcome is narrowness and prejudice and shutting any one out, whehter for 'religious' or any other reasons.

now i don't know about anyone starting a furry commune, but i do know there have been chartered travel by furry groups, even several airline trips. and possibly some rail and bus charters.
    and books, i would recomend cherreh's chenuur series. though there are many many others. there's even a writer's award called the ursa major.

Toker likes this.