My husband just left me

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by minkajane, May 29, 2006.

1. minkajane

minkajane Member

My husband called me today and said we should separate. It's a big long story and I'll cry if I have to tell it again, but could I have some hugs?

2. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

Wow, I'm really sorry.

3. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

that sounds horrible, i'm sorry:( i hope you feel better.

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

i'm so sorry to hear that. LOTS OF HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((minkajane)))))))))))))))))))

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh my. I am so very, very sorry.

{{{Hugs}}}

6. Ryver

Ryver Member

i am so sorry! hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug!!!!!!!!!!

7. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

that really sucks! sending you all sorts of cyber-hugs and love!

8. minkajane

minkajane Member

We talked on the phone all evening. I think we both understand now where the other is coming from. He's on his way back now and we're going to both try to be better. He's going to work on being more reliable and I'm going to try not to nag and yell as much. We're getting a cleaning lady for my sanity's sake.

Thank you all for your love and support.

9. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

that's good to hear, i hope it all works out:)

10. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))
    I hope it all works out for you. Good luck with the bettering of yourselves.

11. the anarchist

the anarchist Member

I am sorry to hear of your situation, minkajane. One way or another, if you find the inner strength within you, you will pull through. Especially nowadays, we must be mentally prepared for romantic breakups and understand the consequences of all our courses of action. No romantic relationship, no matter how good or stable it may seem, is guaranteed to last forever.

I would like to use this opportunity to warn others about marrying very young. These marriages tend to be less stable and lasting. Women are especially vulnerable if they have kids in one of these rocky relationships and are left with the kids. Their risk of poverty is greatly increased. I suggest women wait it out a little more than they'd wish and get married from 24-32. They should generally not have kids until at least a few years of marriage have passed (although this can be tricky for women reaching their mid to late 30s). Before then they can still remain in a very committed relationship. After that they run an increased risk of infertility.

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

*hugs* Hope everything works out for the best!

13. barefoot_kirstyn

i actually have noticed more marriages work out where the people were younger. You grow into eachother. When you marry when your older, you're already set into your own habbits, often a big cause of divorces cuz people can't seem to comprimise. Not to say that older marriages don't work, either, but that's just my opinion. I got married at 19, and i couldn't be happier. As did both my grandparents. My parents did, too, and although they divorced, it was 13 years later and it was due to a brain injury. My aunt and uncle married young as well.

14. barefoot_kirstyn

i'm glad that you guys are trying to work at it :)
    cody had a bit of a scare right after we had Leane and contemplated the same thing, but we were able to work through it and are happier now than we were before.
    I really hope the same happens for you. ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

15. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

I've been there. Sending you good thoughts.

16. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

big hugs. i'm so sorry. about 2 years ago my step dad left my mom in front of me,so i have a small understanding of how awful it must feel,and i truely hope everything turns out alright.

17. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Wow, that's great. Two people that are able to admit their faults and work at making each other happy. I wish all couples could do that.

18. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

that's where world peace starts, in the home

blessings
    nimh
    ps, can somebody please send me a cleaning lady? i almost hired a girl, it didnt end up happening, and then i found out that she was a crackhead. :eek:
    pps, i wonder how many marriages cleaning ladies have saved...

19. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

*hugs*

Hope it all works out for the best.

20. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Hugs,

I hope things work for the best.