My god you are liars

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by BoyTheo, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria420

Maria420 Member

http://www.mediaed.org/videos/MediaGenderAndDiversity/KillingUsSoftly3

Guys go to this site, and females, and view the videos under "Media and Gender Diversity" they are only short clips and if u can get a hold of the whole movie i strongly suggest doing so, but until then this will clear some ignorant fog from any doubting males who just have no clue what many women go through

2. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

boytheo, I think you got lost on the way over here. You see, this is the Women's Issues forum, for discussion of issues that interest and affect women. It sounds like you're looking for the Men Who Have Issues With Women forum. I know it's confusing, they sound similar. You just got lost. Run along now.

3. Mari

Mari Member

You know the thing you FAIL to understand is that most people with families one or both incomes go into the household, and money is spent as needed by whom ever needs to spend it. It's not and shouldn't be 'mine' or 'yours'. It belongs to the family. If you start saying mine, mine, mine...you've lost completely as you will never have an equal partnership within the marriage. Then again by the way you and Theo are talking that's not what you have in mind anyway. Both of you are on a power trip, or at least like to think you are.

Most high ticket items are bought by men, not women. Anything electronic, cars, boats, motorcycles, jetskis, skidoos...those are pretty high price and certainly cost more than a pair of shoes.

What's the problem? Don't like your argument being twisted back at you?

Now how did I know you were going to say a dumbass thing like that. LOL More productive on a Saturday...hmmmm yes...would that be lifting the beer to your mouth, flipping channels with the remote, or trying to pick up girls with your bullshit? Please...who buys YOUR clothes and all the things YOU want? Your Mommy? If she does, what would you do if she didn't?

You think that just because it's mostly women who spend the money to outfit the household and buy the groceries that fill your stomach you can sit there and complain that some woman spent all your money...well I'm damn sure you weren't complaining as you were wolfing down your meal, now were you. Yeah, thought not...don't choke on it now. ;)

4. Mari

Mari Member

Like I said...you know nothing. You can't handle the truth little boy, and you certainly aren't ready for it.

I'm not evil, just a little bitchy when people try to pass off their bullshit as fact.

Now quit your whining and blaming others because you think some woman took advantage of you.

5. God

God Member

Understandably, the poor guy is angry, because he has no girlfriend in which to understand, nor share the secrets of his mind with. Sorry for ripping off the Allen Ginsburg quote, "Neal Cassady was my animal. He taught me the love of his cock/and the secrets of his mind"

Isn't Ginsburg brilliant?

6. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

There was a report actaully that in canda women are starting to make more then men, i've seen it happen my mom now makes more the my dad

my sister makes more then me but then again she has more expendetures

my managers wife makes more then him and etc...

I think in someplaces women do make the same or even more then men but thats in some places, the vast majority of places in the world women are reduced to second class citizens like in india or even worse pakistan.

in pakistan there have been cases where husbends have thrown acid all over there wives faces, and the police are impetent to do anything about it,
    does that seam fair to you???

His example is sorta biased not all women are like that i know some that fit exactly what he's saying and i know others that don't.

going to the example of the poor man and the rich man, the quicker money comes in the quicker its spent out again simple as that,

the rich man spends crazy and ends up with a lot of money owed
    while the poor man keeps his last dollars.

7. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

For all of you women out there who think that men have always had it so good, here's a link for you:

http://www.firstworldwar.com/battles/somme.htm

Seriously, though, what exactly do you think that you're accomplishing by posting a link to a documentary about advertising's portrayal of women? That you're going to awaken us to the fact that corporate advertising is one of the most insideous aspects of our Capitalist society? I knew that when I was ten. Sorry, but women are not the only victims of gender-stereotyping in advertising, especially in the last two decades.

8. Mari

Mari Member

What does your link have to do with the topic????

9. superNova

superNova Member

if it's really important to you to bring to light all the instances where males are discriminated against, i think you'd do a lot better to talk about those instances instead of trying to say that any example of discrimination against women doesn't mean anything, just because hey, men are discriminated against too! the existence of one does not mitigate the other.

pro-active instead of reactive, my friend.

i don't really think that's ever been the topic. the only thing i've been seeing on this thread is the discussion of the pay gap and the distribution of wealth between the sexes. not "oh men are so lucky us poor women, etc etc etc."

read what's there, not what victimizes you most. how's that for turning the tables? ;)

now then.

since no one's really put up any hard stats, i guess i will. can't find a direct link to this page, sooo please turn to page 8 in this pdf document:
    http://stats.bls.gov/cps/cpswom2000.pdf

now, here is a comparison, not of managers to secretaties, but of people in the exact same occupations, working full time --- pretty much as equal as possible. dig the ratio on the right-hand side. women are consistently paid less for the same work, same hours, etc. and this is not "biased" information from a women's group - this is from the us department of labor.

so take a minute to look at that, i'm overjoyed to imagine what responses i'll get from some ;)

10. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I must say i am glad that is not the view held by many.Though
    it is your view i can not share that in anyway with you.To say who spends more and label people is so small.I hope you can harness that energy and put it to greater use than were it seems you are at now.

11. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

the simple reality is that no matter how rich or poor,race,education, or whatever....women still make an average of only $.75 to the man's dollar.

if you have 2 people...a white college educated man and a white college educated female hired by the same company to work in the same field...the man is gonna be paid more.

and the pay difference isnt gonna be obvious because the company doesnt want a lawsuit.

Male employees are also offered better benefit and vacation/sick time packages.

this is the average occurance...naturally there are some truly honest and equal employers.

I used to work for Carlson Inc. a huge Resturant corporation that includes the TGI Friday's chain.and they are notorious for not only paying female managers less then the male managers..all their females employees are jipped one way or the other.

they are also excellent at finding ways to fire female employees who begin yapping their mouths about pay differences,sexism..ect.

they also dont offer their resturant employees maternity leave...which according to many state laws is illegal.In ohio, it is illegal for an employer to deny maternity leave...but the law never bats an eye at these multi-billion dollar businesses.so women are just screwed no matter what.

12. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

You can't be serious!

13. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

Just how are women jipped "one way or the other"?

14. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

let us not forget that women are also using that money to buy the family groceries, put the kids in daycare or school, various sports and things like that. most of the households i know of have the man making more money while the woman manages it. so yeah, we look like we're blowing cash, but all my cash is spent on the house and my family. so get over yourselves.

15. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

While they don't generally have better rights than men in some area.
    You can't say that they don't have a victim mentality and milk it off. Reverse-sexism do happen, like a socially accepted revenge.

I think the biggest problem is people separating genders like 2 different nations or something. I mean, just because someone is a female won't make them automatically join your cause and just because someone is a male don't make them part of the "ennemy".
    You just can't pool every individuals of a gender together. Not all women buy into this victim mentality thing.

In general, the people that talk louder are either assholes or bitches. They talk like their genders are political parties that affect the whole society. Most of the time they deny that they have personal choices as a good individual and blame it on supposedly predetermined factors. For example, not all women are breeders just as not all men work to support their wives.

But i guess it's part of propagandism.

16. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

You're right, Antimatter. But, from MY experience, women are treated as lesser than men. My father left my mother because she got a job and went to college (he thought she was trying to be better "her place.") And, the father of my first child thought that if I wanted to go to college, then I thought I could do better than him. I couldn't see my friends, and if I had any idea about anything, I was conspiring against him. So, yes, there are men who still believe that women are property. I have lived it for twenty-five years. If some womyn sound a little "bitchy" or "femi-nazi" about how womyn should be treated in everyday life, maybe those people should stop and think about how those particular womyn were treated, and ask why they feel abused by life. I know I was. My father treated my brothers like fucking gold. I was given shit. i was treated like property by my first love. Now, that I know better, I realize that there are still men out there that think that womyn are less than. By the way, he (my daughter's father) thought that anyone not white was less than as well. There are also men that treat womyn with the respect that any human deserves. I am lucky to be with one now. All i am saying is, yes, womyn feel that they deserve to be treated as equals. Perhaps, before you say that they are trying to dominate men, see why they feel so strongly about how womyn have been treated. The truth is, forever, womyn have been considered as less than man. And there are still men who think that we are only means to bear children. THOSE men are the reason so many womyn are pissed off. At least, why I am.

17. Shakra

Shakra Member

BoyTheo wrote:

I don’t think anyone is comparing salaries for different jobs unless they are obviously grossly overpaid (as in the case of extreme exceptions) we were comparing salaries between men and women doing the same job, with the same hours. However it has to work both ways in order to be fair, whether it’s the man or the woman earning more, it’s still just as bad.

Also how is anti-male discrimination more rampant? In relation to what?

BoyTheo wrote:

Making statements like these is only damaging your credibility and thus likely to hinder your argument. Already I am half inclined to think that you are just posting anything that you perceive to be antagonistic just for the fun of it and that what you are actually posting doesn’t reflect your own views at all on such matters.

I am also half inclined to think that some woman must have really screwed you over big time for you to have such jaded views of an entire gender 99.9% of whom you have never even met and thus cannot judge.

Jiimaan wrote:

I buy my bf things. I don’t do it because I feel I have to in order to show him how I feel about him or how much he matters to me. I do it because I want to do it and because it makes me happy to know that I put a great big fat smile on his face and sometimes just because he needs them. Sometimes I buy him silly little things, which cost next to nothing; sometimes I will even make the things that I give to him.

I also buy my friends presents at times, my family, my cats even, so what is your point? If you have a gf who expects you to buy her things all the time, then tell her to piss off and buy her own stuff. No one should have to ‘resort to buying things’ for anyone ‘in order to make them happy’, and if they do, then they are in a very shallow relationship.

‘Most women’, ‘place significance on how much is spent on them’? Out of all my female friends, I can think of only one who fits that bill, and that’s one out of around 12 or so that I can claim to know really well. Some women place significance on how much is spent on them? Yes some do, but most, I don’t see how you can make that assumption and that’s just what it is an assumption.

[font=&quot]As for going to sites to back up evidence, unless it contains research, facts and figures that’s been the result of an official government backed venture then as far as I am concerned it’s all just media hype tending one way or the other, it’s easy to find such sites on the internet, anti-male and anti-female. Some may be true and show the bare faced facts, some may embellish the facts to serve their own agenda, others may be so far from the truth or have distorted the truth so much that you could no longer claim it to be anything other than a work of fiction. My point being that it’s pointless to try to use such sites as evidence for or against the equality of male and female.

Hell even governments can claim to have their own agenda, however they are less likely to discriminate either way since their electors are roughly made up of 50% women and 50% men so it would serve them no purpose to do so.
    [/font]

18. dotadave

dotadave Member

YOU DON'T BELONG HERE

19. jiimaan

jiimaan Banned

Do you honestly expect me to believe that women are all kind-hearted, selfless and honest people? You have got to be kidding! Do you know how many relationships and marriages breakdown over money? I'm sure if anyone cared to do a study about this, they would find that the breakdown would usually begin with a) the man's attempts to moderate his partner's EXCESSIVE spending habits, b) the woman's displeasure over the fact that the man can't earn enough to finance her lifestyle.

20. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Oh course not, jiimaan. But we're not all cold-hearted selfish bitches, either. Of course marriages break up because of money. Marriages stay together in spite of money troubles, as well. It takes all kinds of people to make up this crazy world. Some are bad, some are good. Most of us are a little bit of both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.