my girls had a HUGE fight yesterday.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mamaKCita, Feb 12, 2009.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My sister and I used to fight from the time we got up until the time we went to bed. We were punished in every way my mom could think to punish us. One day, she said screw it and let us fight. And we fought....hard. After that, we got along like best friends. Sometimes the best remedy, is to let them fight it out and get the anger out....

2. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

Some of the worst fights I have had were with my friends. It happens. Afterwards we were always closer.

3. homeschoolmama

homeschoolmama Senior Member

((((((hugs!!!))))))

I think we all get to a point where we just "give up" with one frustrating phase or another. I don't think that makes us good OR bad parents, just "normal."

The odd thing is that the kids seem to catch on to what we were trying to tell them BETTER once that happens, than with all the mama-nagging we can throw at them. Not that I advocate letting kids run rampant without parenting... but the occasional lesson in learning things "the hard way" never hurt anyone.
    love,
    mom

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

Yeah but now it'll be something new to fight over...you it will be just give them time something else will cause a fight soon enough

5. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

that's always the way. but i got a few days break. that's nice.