My first rave.

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by L.A.Matthews, May 7, 2007.

1. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

I went to my first proper rave last night, and it was fucking amazing! Ozric Tentacles were playing and I was dancing all through the night with some nice windmill/spiral pills. So many good looking hippie girls - who I still have a thing for - with stunning long dreadlocks...Sometimes I wish I had more courage to approach them. I want to go to another one. I love the communal atmosphere from everyone, and it's nice when people hand out free pills to you.:)

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Yo, there has been a couple of big free parties up in Wales over the past few weekends, have you managed to make it to any?
    I was going to go on Saturday, but bailed out because I ate too much pie! :)

3. L.A.Matthews

Nope, it wasn't free. It was £15, but I didn't mind. Do you happen to know a website that tells you all about the free raves around the place, Nay?

4. sentient

sentient Senior Member

No fucking way ???? your first proper rave and you live in wales?

Talybont my man Talybont

OK you dig Ozrics OK heres the story - Ozrics as they were about a decade ago (and still are) are probably THE finest musicians you will get. Technically there are none better and play such a variety of instrument to a high standard that they are really I think the very core component of genius (please bear with me a second or two)
    Now some time ago about 12 years 14 years ago - there was a two way split within ozrucs and some of them (Joey and another guy) went off and formed "Eat Static" - now if you want rave techno tripped out twisted and yet highly musically competent then go with Eat static the idea being that Eat static would explore synthesisers, computers and electronic drum machines - these people eat static and ozrics really are the science of art !
    the science of music and they come back with art and show it to you after going somewhere lonely to explore - absolute 3505000% geniuses

I saw them in Frome (sommerset) where Ozrics played in one tent and eat static in another at the same time they had a friendly competition to see who pulled in the most - I believe it was a draw ! - dude I am glad your first rave was with raves secret geniuses !!!!!!!!!
    the early albums of eat static are genius at their height
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_Static

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozric_Tentacles

joey in an interview once said - I was fucked up so much that every time I flushed the toilet on the tour buss, potentially it sounded like the bass section to a rave track - I only had to sample things like a cardboard box being hit with a hammer to get a bass drum

5. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I know a couple of websites that are good (I'll PM ya) and the rest of the info I get through word-of-mouth.

6. L.A.Matthews

Well, my next rave will more than likely be Glastonbury.:) I'm hoping to do abit of pills and shrooms together; I hear they mix well.:)

Ozric's are playing there again this year aswell. I saw them in 2005.

7. sentient

sentient Senior Member

LA you are right pills and mushrooms one great thing to do - but let me say my preference is to first do the pills then when you are up and know you are up on the pill then do the mushrooms - you forget you took them and they come in as a lovely surprise

8. sentient

sentient Senior Member

9. sentient

sentient Senior Member

10. L.A.Matthews

Thanks, Sent. I must say, Eat Static are really good!

Thanks for the tip with pills and shrooms, too. I find it hard to keep my eyes open on pills though. I just close my eyes and feel...If you know what I mean.

I love the sensation when you're on pills that every song is played specifically and personally to you.:)

11. sentient

sentient Senior Member

cool. Hey I know that feeling/ i hope you have loads and loads of loved up top class raves man, you certainly started on the right way.

take care - be sensible - but be on top

12. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Yeah, completely agree with that. I usually feel really shit coming up on mushrooms on account of how horrible they taste. They make me feel sick, and that can send me on a bad one. Pills can take that away entirely....

13. L.A.Matthews

One thing I found irritating for me last night was me constantly thinking 'this is getting boring'. I tried to just block it out and keep dancing, but I think it was just part of the come-down.:(

14. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

That's why people keep taking them I guess. I never find decent raves boring, and I always tend to want to stay till the party's completely over....

15. L.A.Matthews

Yeah, I got that feeling as well; I just didn't want the feeling to end, or the music to stop. It's a sad and depressing time when the music stops.:(

16. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Hey you just gotta accept that - listen to this. My favourite band at one time was Chemical Brothers. I wanted to see em tripped out of my mind and did two pillls then they went on stage and we danced and about 2/3 the way through their gig I got bored. I just sat it out, and I thought I must be coming down but no. I later after much more pill experience realised you just have to do what you want to do on a pill. Dont criticies the pill it isnt done till you wonder who the fuck it was you were telling someone how big your cock is, the name of the bird you first fucked, and what your national insurance number might be

you didnt come down during that music you had just appreciated it enough to want a new experience -0 the trip lasts 20 hours or so
    Thats what a pill is about - that really is you talking to your soul and your soul talking to you

I know yiou talk to yourself at that stage of the pill I know you do and isnt it brilliant what you tell yourself?

17. lithium

lithium frogboy

I saw (well, heard) Eat Static at BDs a couple of years back, they were absolutely terrific, but possibly the loudest act I've ever witnessed!

18. sentient

sentient Senior Member

when I saw them once they would get things like beer glasses and bits of metal and sample them being hit live etc - I love the fact that such alll time competent musicians took up rave - dig into their life stories and you wsee how cl;ever they are

hmm listen whipersnappers - have a great time /hmm wish i was still a giant raver instead of a bit of an older bystander

19. L.A.Matthews

Hahaha! That was probably the best thing I can relate to with pills.:tongue: