my first barre

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by gottssunfire, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I usually play high action anyway on mine... but I also like that low action that I notice bob dylan always used on his Fenders... you can hear string buzz sometimes... my problem is I like .012-.013 guage strings and higher and I used to always have to use super glue... but I'm a vegetarian on top of that, and usually, my callouses just peel right off... hahhaa, I've tried a stevie ray vaughan trick and super glued skin off of my foot and that works damn well... but hurts like hell.

2. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

i've played guitar for over a year now and that has never come up till now

3. Orsino2

Depends on how much you play.

4. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

i play all the time...

5. Orsino2

Well... very mysterious... a lot of people don't know about it. But usually, you take guitars to techs about once every one or two years or set them up yourself. I don't even measure. I just use dimes to measure the string height. It's a lot easier.... and it only takes a good 30 minutes or so to intonate, adjust, and re-string it...

6. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

in my case i just buy a good guitar and try not to smash it up and change the way its set

7. Orsino2

No... it doesn't work that way. Eventually just from changing strings and doing bends etc., you'll have to give it a set up and re-intonate it sooner or later. Of course, the Buzz Feiten tuning system helps that a bit... as the nuts are sometimes off on guitars... that's just how they're built. I wouldn't worry too much over it unless your fingers were bothered or the guitar wouldn't stay in tune.

8. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

ok, i understand.