My Father

Discussion in 'Music' started by BobDylanfanatic, Sep 2, 2005.

1. BobDylanfanatic

BobDylanfanatic Member

Now i know i might live in an upper class place, but that isnt my fault. My father who was a teenager throughout the hippy movement during the late sixties and seventies. He grew up in a poor St. Paul neighborhood, but he made a life out of that and became a lawyer. But even past some of the things my Dad does he has taught me one thing, he brought me up on great music. I have been listening to some of the greatest artists ever. From my personal favorite Bob Dylan, the Grateful Dead, The Doors, Neil Young and countless others. He has also shown me a world most 15 year olds may never experiance. I have followed Dylan on countless tours. But he has also shown me that fightin never solves anything it only creates more strife and disperity. and for that I thank you Dad

2. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

hey man, its not like you should be ashamed to live in a wealthy community because its not "hippy".

3. rosyposies

rosyposies Member

Bob Dylan will change anyone...
    he's that good.

4. zeljko-h

zeljko-h Member

it's really good when in early age you have somebody to introduce you to music. i have older sister and was growing up listening her records in 70es. that was ear-opening experience for me

5. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

yep ;)

and that's awesome that you're getting into such good music, fanatic...know where I got my name from? :p

6. syd

syd Banned

Thats awesome man. My father also got me into such music, yet your dad sounds very groovy

7. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

I hate that my dad likes the same music as me. He always wants to go to the same shows and it dosent feel as special. It really bothers me that I can't have my own thing, that he always wants to be a part of it. Until recently he was really nasty, and mean, and know he feels like hes making up for it with all this "quality time" and touchy emotional garbage. AHHHHH, My sister has the same problem, she and I go to alot of shows together, she got me into the jam scene, and she hates when my dad always trys to go. grrrrrrr

8. Shotgun Willie

Shotgun Willie Member

A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall?

9. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

yes

"Oh where have you been, my blue-eyed son?..."