my family has issues...lots

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by mushroomherb, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

my dad is a homeless mean drunk and hardcore drugy, my mom is a fat former stoner that is heavy with rules, my uncle is a cool ass old hippie who built his housein california, my other uncle is damn well off(rich) and has a maid, cuz he works with some fish market that trades with a japanese company, im a hippieish stoner that was lets just say sexualy abused by a family friend when i was 2. and wierdest of all.... my 2nd cousin made hightimes before he comited suicide. my family is so messed up! this is all truth.

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

you aren't good ol DSK are ya?

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

My mom acts like a 12 year old most of the time and refuses to work, my dad is a stressed out obese man who won't take care of his diabetes and spends money like crazy, one uncle on my dad's side is envious of my dad because he bore the only female grandchild (me!), the other uncle is a controlling, cheating, pervert. On my mom's side, she has a psychotic older brother who's manipulated my naive grandma into moving 10 hours away and taking control of her money. He and his bitch wife allow my grandma a small "allowance" of her OWN money. My grandma is too stupid to realize she could take charge of her account herself. My other aunt and uncle...well they just don't have much to do with the family, and who can blame them? Basically...everyone has fucked up families. Don't feel alone. Haha.

4. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

You're not the only one, and to be honest, my two sisters had some sort of row today whilst I was at college, and my mum was stuck in the middle of it all, and she was crying, as well as my two sisters, and so my mum just came home.
    Both of my sisters were accusing my mum of taking sides against each one. I didn't know about this, but my mums' eyes looked red as soon as I came home from college this afternoon, and I asked her if she had been crying.

I was then saying to her later on that it's not fair on her having to be in the middle of all this, and getting upset like them.

I also asked my mum what the row was about, and if it was something over nothing, and if there was a big blazing row. I asked her if they all ended up crying and she replied Yes.

I personally couldn't give a shit what was said, or what went on between my two sisters, but I don't want them to create an atmosphere and cause unnecessary tension and trouble in the family.

My elder sister is 24, married and got her own house a year ago, and the other one turned 20 this year, and even though she still has her room at home and comes home on a daily basis, she sleeps and spends more time there than she does here.

When I was younger, I used to argue and row a lot with my elder sister, and with her being like she is, she tends to stick her nose in when it isn't wanted, has a big mouth and strong opinions, and sometimes when I am on the internet, she might stick her ore in and ask what I am going on - NOSEY COW!!!

Also, with her being my elder sister, she can sort of play the role of mother, and threaten to belt me or talk to me like i'm a kid - She'd start a row in an empty room!!!

When she first fell pregnant in 2003, her hormones were all over the place, and she wasn't sure what was happening to her, and when she often came up to visit, she'd kick off and start behaving selfishly.

On Christmas Day 2002, she kicked off and started saying that my mum does not care, and my Dad did well to keep his cool, and he said to her that my mum does care, and both her and my mum were arguing and both ended up in tears. Me, my Dad, other sister and brother were right in the middle of all this, and my other sister was telling my older one to stop spoiling Christmas for me and my brother and everyone else.

During the Christmas dinner that day, my Dad was telling my other sister to use her head, and watch what she says. Eventually in the afternoon, after tears, the whole thing was sorted out. I have said to my mum quite a lot in the past 2-3 years about how she didn't deserve to suffer through all that.

I was worried and concerned about what might have happened that day, and even my Dad accused my older sister of wrecking Christmas.

In February/March 2003, I had a broken wrist (whilst my sister was about 2-3 months pregnant) and she went mad when my mum had to take me to the hospital to have an X-Ray on my wrist, and had a cob on because she didn't do her washing!!!

They then had this row, and my mum was sort of laughing and grinning because of her behaviour, and I got involved and said something myself, and my sister responded by saying: "SHUT UP YOU!!!"

My mums' friend came around about 10-15 mins later, and then the row stopped, and my sister got hold of my arm and said that she was sorry for shouting at me, and I thought to myself: "Spare me the apologies will ya!!!".

I told my Dad about it, and he said that if my sister weren't careful, she'd end up on her own. As soon as he fell pregnant in 2003, all this stopped.

She wasn't this bad when she fell pregnant again in 2005 (last year) and she coped a bit better.

This is what my sister is like though, and if she asked my sister if there was anything wrong, or if she said that she had a face like a slapped bum, she'd get annoyed if she didn't get the response she expected.

If she ever asked/said something to me or my brother, and I replied annoyed or aggressive, she'd accuse me of growling!!!

I have never liked her much, and shes always been one to start off arguments. I mean me, my sister, her husband. It's her with the problem, but because I don't know what happened between her and my other sister, I can't comment or take sides against anyone.

I'd hate to imagine her if she was cooking hot food and having a row in the kitchen - She'd probably throw boiling hot food at someone!!!

Or if there was a row on the stairs, someone might lose their footing or get pushed.

5. Kinky Ramona

Eep, Chris, sounds like your sister has some...issues. But girls can be extraordinarily hormonal. Trust me, I've had my absolute fits over really silly things. The worst lately has been the fact that my boyfriend and I are looking for work so that we can save money to get a house of our own and my mom is dictating what of my own things I can and can't take! My grandmother gave me her truck when she moved and I haven't been allowed to even make any decisions of what happens with it because my mom claims she didn't give it to me, she gave it to her. I can't even have my own bed! Another gift from my grandmother. My dad gave me a chair that was at my other grandmother's house and my mom said I can't have that, either. She drives me mad and we have screaming matches over it, which is pretty stupid.

My boyfriend told me there comes a time in everyone's life where they have to figuratively give their parents a big middle finger and I have a feeling that's how it's going to end up when I leave. I love and care about them, definitely, and I'm extremely grateful that they make sure I eat and have a place to sleep, but I wish my mom would grow up. I think it's pretty normal to get absolutely fed up with your family, especially around 17-19...I'll go bonkers if I have to live here forever, lol. But that just gives me more reason to get my butt in gear so that I've got no reason to complain.

6. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

I'm 17 now, and to be honest, i've got fed up of my family. My parents, sisters and brother get on my nerves.

I can't afford to live on my own, and would find it strange and hard at first.

If you feel like this, then tell your mum how you feel, and tell her that she needs to respect your wishes and grow up a little.

Hope that helps.

Even if my sister might have issues, i'd rather not get involved or interfere in her problems, and I guess that it's just her way. I suppose it must be difficult for her having two kids to look after, and I am quite similar to my elder sister in a way, with my anger.

7. Kinky Ramona

Oh, I've told her how I feel, and she ends up crying like a ten year old, or pouting for weeks. My dad told me he understands how I feel, but asked me to please keep the peace and just keep my feelings to myself. Ack. I just live with it, because the good times outweigh the bad times and if I become ungrateful, then my parents have every right to kick my ass out on the streets. I should've grown up myself, dealt with my social anxiety, and forced myself to work towards a life of my own a year ago. Any problems I have are all my own fault and I know that.

8. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

Don't be so hard on yourself Amanda.

I am just like that almost all the time, and especially at college, and even I have problems controlling my anger and rage at times, and I can't even work towards a life of my own yet.

If you feel that bad, you could use this to spur yourself on, and try to maybe sort yourself out a little.

I personally don't blame anyone for anything, but I suppose that your mother doesn't help really.

At least you've got a Dad who is supportive of you, and i'd be grateful for that.

Just don't be so hard on yourself.

9. paperdoll075

paperdoll075 Member

good for you, you all know your family.
    mine exist. but i've never met anyone besides a few half siblings that have no interest in my anyway.

10. Kinky Ramona

Ah yes, let's play the "I'm better cuz my family is..." game. Bah. I didn't want to make a big fuss about it. My point was just everyone has crazy families. Sorry you don't know your family paperdoll, but this isn't exactly a competition.

11. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

Chris_1661

12. Kinky Ramona

Paperdoll, lol. That's why I put her name in there.

13. chris_1661

chris_1661 Member

Oh right, so at least now I know.

What was funny about it?

I am asking this because you put lol (meaning=lots of laughs)

14. Kinky Ramona

Hehe, Chris, lol = laughing out loud...I tend to use it a lot to keep the mood light in posts.

15. Kinky Ramona

Hehe, up in my post up there, I didn't want to sound like an all out bitch...come on people, I like hearing fucked up family stories. Let's start a circus! Of...messed up family!

I'm glad I know my parents and I'm glad that none of my family has a history of abusing drugs.

My grandma hates my cousin ever since he got married and had two kids. She's going a bit senile (she's 82, what do you expect?) and thinks he and his wife keep breaking in and stealing really weird things. One night she pressed her emergency button (those things they have that you can wear around your neck) and it turns out she thought someone was stealing her papertowels. If she was younger, I'd be super sad, but she's 82...so it's really funny. At least once they get her calmed down and all it's really funny.

I have 3 cousins total. One is married and has two kids (perfectly fine, he's almost 29), one is a cheerleader...and he's a guy (still okay, lol, just fun to tell people, especially up here where only girls cheer), and his younger brother just freaks me out. I've always thought that was weird...just having 3 cousins.

16. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

if you guys made shorter posts I would read them

17. Kinky Ramona

Thanks for that waste of space. ^ We could use it to write longer posts. Not to mention, we post longer posts because we know that the majority of people who read them have an IQ over 40.

18. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

why the fuck would you even put that. post count? these websites shouldnt even have a post count, then there wouldnt be ppl posting stupid 1 line or 1 word things.

19. mushroomherb

mushroomherb Member

why the fuck, is this and half my other shit i wrote on google searchs!!? what the fuck!!

20. Kinky Ramona

Google has EVERYTHING, man. No joke...they're pretty good at collecting junk, especially from HF.