My face wash secret

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by daisymae, Jun 10, 2006.

1. raejustrae

raejustrae Member

i think i'll have to try this.

2. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

Clean and Clear...and dove shampoo and soap.

3. HouseUmbella

HouseUmbella Member

I use neutrogena acne wash... To defog the mirror in the shower

-------
    \ | /
    ~ + ~
    , |

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Dove In The Shower For The Bod And To Shave, Then Before

Bed Phisohex To Clean Any Nasties Off My Face, So When I Check My

Reflection In The Mirror Next Morning.............. You Can't Improve

On Perfection...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

5. Crysee

Crysee Member

I'm about to start rinsing my face with green tea, it's supposed to be great for your skin. I'll let you know how it works out.

6. samsingh123

samsingh123 Member

I love to use dove soap for my skin. It is best to use for any skin type.

7. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

i just use water

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oil method, honey method and weekly "clairfying" with dr. B or similar.

9. nedahardy

nedahardy Member

i always use baby products for my face and body because my skin is allergic.

10. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Calfs blood is my secret keeps me looking 18

1 person likes this.
  11. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I don't like stuff on my face and I don't wash it every day, tends to dry my skin also. I use face wipes, almost any brand works for me. If I do it once a week the cloth has a little bit of stuff on it, if I do it a few times a week you can't see much on it. I don't do make up so all that's on my face is maybe a little skin oil to remove.
    I shop for the best prices, brand doesn't matter and washing with those little cloths a few times a week isn't really expensive this way.

12. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I use cocoanut oil and baby wipes to take my makeup off, and a gentle skin cleanser for face wash.

13. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

This is a total myth. It works off the assumption that we all have the same target for a healthy ph on our skin. If that were true, one cleanser would work for all people and it doesn't. Alkaline cleansers work by breaking down the oil that can hold dirt and microbes on the skin. Acidic cleansers work by breaking down the oil that can hold the microbes and dirt on our skin. Clay, talc, and oat meal can soak up the oil that hold the dirt and microbes on our skin. Oil cleansing thins the oils that holds the dirt and microbes on our skin, allowing it to wipe or rinse away. Honey and chamomile make hydrogen peroxide when mixed with water that breaks down the oil that holds dirt and microbes on the skin.

Seeing a trend here?

Think you don't use alkaline or acidic cleaning because you only use water? Think again. My well water is quite alkaline, and Japaneses spring water that is quite acidic gets sold for a high price as a cleanser. This means that not only your own ph but also the ph of your water affect what cleansing method will be more or less drying. It also means the ph of home made cleansers can be changed by tap water, altering how they work on an individual. What really makes the cleanser work for the individual is how aggressively it breaks down the oil, since too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

14. JaneLove

JaneLove Members

That's a great idea! I should try baby shampoo for my face wash.

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I use Castile soap, the unscented version. Sometimes raw clay, if the soap becomes too much for me, which sometimes it does. I also have a brush called the Luna from a brand called Foreo. But, really I don't need that because my skin doesn't really have any problems. I just like it because of the extra scrub power it does. To be honest, I don't even wash my face everyday. I pretty much stick to the 'Caveman Regimen' because I'm a lazy mother fucker.

As for makeup, now I don't wear it often and when I do it's surely not a lot. So, when I do wear makeup I remove it with coconut oil and a cloth, not to be mistaken with a makeup wipe or wipe in general. After that I go in with the cleanser(s) I mentioned above or leave it at that because coconut oil is somewhat cleansing as well as moisturizing.

I know this is stupid, but I'm so happy my facial skin is so easy going. One less thing to deal with. I don't have to look in the mirror and be like, "Oh, I'm so ugly. Blah, the fuck blah." Though, my skin isn't perfect. Now, that would be better. Lol!