my ex's get popular

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 14, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else...
    I will date someone who is not very good with the ladies... like I could be their first gf and this is grade 11! And right after we break up, all of a sudden they get offers.... happened to atleast 7 of my ex boyfriends within the past year and a half.
    I don't think it's the fact that we just broke up and now other girls want him... I dont know.
    Any ideas?
    It might just be random popularity.?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

So, you're like Courtney Love?????

3. God

God Member

No, she is a LOT prettier.

4. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

You know, I think it is along the same lines as when a woman sees a wedding band on a guy and it makes him more attractive. When someone is unattainable, it just makes them a challenge, and some people love challenges. OR maybe these other girls just thought that you two looked like you were happy and so they think that if they are with him, he will make them happy. I don't know. This has happened to a lot of my exes too... I'm just happy that I could help them out with the whole dating scene.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

You actually think about things like that?
    Wow, you must be bored.

6. alex714

alex714 To the Left

BIRD: I LOVE YOU

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I love you too, dear Alex!!

*hugs*

8. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

yes alex and bird thanx for keeping with the topic.

anyways I notice it because I always see my exs with gfs, which was a feat that was troubling for them before.

9. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

It's easier to do something, once you've done it before.
    I know that before my first boyfriend, I wasn't very well equipped to deal with boys. I was shy and awkward. But after my first boyfriend, I had confidence and knowledge about males that I didn't have before.

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

maybe girls just think something good of a guy who's been in a relationship, trying to figure out what it is.

11. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

I gotta agree with Sunnie. Especially if he was insecure about asking girls out, somehow you two got together & you actually liked him for a while, so it's easier to think that some other girl will like him too...

And it might be that other girls saw how nice he was to you, which makes him more desirable.

And he's not a complete social reject who has never had a girlfriend before, so you can date him without worrying about catching cooties or whatever (yes, I have met people this shallow).

And, guys often tend to get really clingy with their first gf, especially if he's like 18 or older & never had a gf before... Once you've broken the ice, maybe he doesn't give off that pathetic clingy vibe anymore...