My ear is red and burning

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Tree-Hugger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

My mom must be talking about me.

I've been having sneezing fits lately and I realized that I still do what my mom told me to stop the sneezing. When I was little my mom would tell me that if I named a boy that loved me my sneezing would stop. Hahaha yes there have been times when I've gone through a long list of names. :tongue: But lately the same name works everytime.

Did any of your parents give you any crap rituals to believe when you were kids? And I'm not talking about religion so don't go there. I mean like if you drop your dishrag you better clean the house because someone is coming over. Umm I guess I'm talking about old wives tales.

2. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

oh yeah. my mom is crazy. she comes up with the most entertaining bullshit ever and we all treat it like gospel because mom said it. that's our biggest ritual. something our spouses kinda get wigged over.

my brother brad and i would always drink our mom's coca cola, even if we had our own, because for some reason, mom's always tasted better. so she'd grab our sodas, pretend to spit in it, then hand it back to us. and it worked. it did taste better. me and brad took that up and every time we opened a soda, we'd hand it to mom to "spit" into and then wander off and drink it. it really wigs people out, but i think it's hilarious and my mom loves that we have that stupid, bizarre little ritual.

3. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Yup. One hand itches it means money coming in. The other itches and it means money going out. (Don't remember which is which)

If two people walk on different sides of a pole while together, they must say "bread" and the other "butter".

Never put your purse/wallet on the floor. It keeps money away.

I'm sure there's more.... but that's all I can remember.

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

when you feel a sneezing coming on your suppose to look up; and at a light if one's around.

5. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Anytime my mom's left hand itches we buy her a lottery ticket. haha She wins at least two dollars every time.

6. mamaKCita

when you're having a really really bad day, you apologize to the cat for pissing it off. that's a fairly recent one she's come up with. i got this cat when i turned 21 that i ended up having to leave with my mother when i moved out. i named her mogey, after the family "ghost" that would keep me and my brothers company when we were little. so now, when she's having one of those bad days, she's decided out of the blue it's because my cat has magic powers.

okay, she doesn't REALLY believe it, but it amuses her to act out these funny little games in front of people.

7. polecat

polecat Weerd

My grandmother used to tell me that the little white spots on your fingernails meant that someone had a crush on you.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

no, i don't do silly stuff like that :D

but my sister has this thing with dropping spoons and there being someone that we know is pregnant

9. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Oh when my parents were divorced my dad took me out on the farm that he lived on to show me the buttercups. (little wild yellow flowers found in all cow pastures) Anyways he told me that if the yellow relfected on the underside of my chin then that meant I had kissed a boy. I wouldn't let him try it, but he later did and acted like he was mad. haha He later told me that my mom had told him about me getting in trouble for kissing boys instead of napping during nap time.

10. hiro

hiro pursue it

My grandma.... she is kinda cooky. Well she said that a baby won't have an innie belly button unless you put a penny on the umbilical cord.

11. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Blech! :puke:

12. mamaKCita

lol. i know.