my dreadyhair *timeline*

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Luxiebow, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

Riloh is just 6mos:)he was born on the 23 August 08 so he'll be 6mos on the 23rd. he was only 6lbs 10 which is 3kg I think? He has grown so fast, loves the boob!

2. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Wow his big then... :)

Yale was 7lbs when he was born, but he lost a lot of weight having openheart surgery at 4 days old ;)

3. SethHasDreads

SethHasDreads Member

are u ganna dread up the baby?
    never comb his hair from the day he was born.
    that would be gnarly as f-word.

4. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

must have been so hard to see your lil babe go through that:(they are so amazing aren't they?! I have such fun w/ him everyday. this was us today on our balcony it was so hot!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I want to,yeah! I hope he wants hair like mine:)

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

calluie 1 of my closest freinds had open heart surgery at 4 days old too..then multiple others your lucky u got the transplantso early shes been needintg 1 ..they just gave her a puig valve and say if that dont work she needs a new heart
    worried cause she spent most of her childhood in and out of the hospitol and has had almost 1 sugery for every year shes been alive
    althouhgh more where when younger and lateky its been less frequedsnmt but the need for a permenant sulutions getting more and more

srry back to dready babies

ive known a few kids that dreaded since birth ..its so beautiful :)
    theres only 1 way to go though its gotta be neglect
    maybe by 4 u can twist rip or backcomb, nbut from birth neglect is the only way u can

7. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

Damn tanna...sorry to hear about your son! Im so happy he pulled through! He looks so much like you!
    Lux....Amara's bday is august 6 03'. Our little ones are both leo's. I love little lions!
    Amara wanted dreads for awhile so we let it go for a couple of weeks. It got pretty knotty. I was jealous at how fast her hair dreaded! Baby hair knots so quickly. But then one day she was feeling adventurous and experimentive and I found her in the bathroom 5 minutes too late with all her hair on the floor....yep she gave herself a haircut! She had a David Bowie mullet thing going on...it was kinda cool...but almost two decades too late! So...no more dreadies for Amara....now we have to wait for her hair to grow back! lol.

8. amybird

amybird Senior Member

You sure it's February where you are?! lol :)

9. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

Oh Luxie you are heartbreakingly beautiful

10. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Ya it was rough to watch Yale go through what he did... he died a few times in front of me, but he pulled through and you wouldn't ever know he was sick to look at him... and so I treat him that way.

Lux, Seriously you are one beautiful mama.

If Yale wants dreads I will for sure let him have them. I think growing up with dreads would be amazng for your self confidence. Unfortunately I think he's going to be the superficial jock like his Daddy.... although Daddy loves my locks so... you never really know...

11. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I love leo's too:)my husband is one also and my oldest friend^-^yeayy.he has a lot of lion teddies and I just painted a lil lion for his room.eee,it's cute:)I wonder if Riloh will want dreads.hmm.how short is your lil girls hair now?eeee.what is it w/ kids and cutting hair?I cut mine on my brothers birthday one year to get attention cuz I was jelous of him getting all his toys.I'm so mean!!

12. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

haah,your w/ a superficial jock?never would have thought that!you never knowww.Yale looks soo like you-it's insane! how do you find being a mama, strange isn't it?!

13. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

<333 your so kind^-^we missed you!x x x

14. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

haha....i think she was just bored. She loves cuting her dolls hair too....all of her dolls have spikey short hair now too! Luckily I was able to salvage her hair and we made it into a cute little A line hair cut. Thats cute you painted a little lion in his room.

15. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

Its strange, but really amazing. I was always worried I wouldn't be a good mother... although now its all I want to do! If we could affort to, all I do its stay home and keep having babies...:)

16. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

luxieeeeee, your babe has the best taste in shoes ;) hahaha

17. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

hahaha!

18. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

your back at work? I love being a stay at home mama. but I work from home too so it's not all I do. the difficult thing is I have no mama friends. people w/out children just don't get itttt! ya know. it's crazy being a mama, the emotions you feel. Since being a mama I feel like I've become a lot softer in some parts of my life and a lot harder in others, ya know?

19. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

jajaja,I know I love his mini cons^-^his feet are getting big though.I'd say he only has another couple weeks outta them.maybe when they don't fit I'll turn them into a cute blinging necklace for him?

20. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

[​IMG]
    I'm at 4 months now, I can't believe it!!!