my dreads are finally done,

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Rafaela, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

after much extensive work lol as you all know, whoever has been asnwering my consistent question, here is the finale. [​IMG]

2. dcdude

dcdude Member

much better, but just dont freak out when they start loosening up after washings and things like that, or let the frizz piss you off too much, and you'll be good :)

3. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

my comb has become my bestfriend, I'm constently tightening my dreads and playing with the tips. i hope that they'll tighten naturally in the comingmonths, i'm sure they'll give me much trouble in the future. do you think it's bad if i use hair spray on it for a crazy night ?

4. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Euhh, I'd stay away from the hair spray. That stuff builds up and makes your hair nastay looking.

Chances are, they're gonna piss you off for a few months. Perservere. Palm roll them a lot. One morning you'll wake up, look in the mirror and say "HOLY SHIT I HAVE DREADS". And they'll have gotten nice and tight and you won't even have realized it.

That's the beauty of dreads.

5. dcdude

dcdude Member

id stay away from any combs from now on, if you keep backcombing it, whats tightened will come undone whether you notice it or not. YOu can basically get rid of the combs, letting nature do its thing will tighten them and make them look better in the long run than continuously backcombing will(i assume this is what your doing wwith the comb? correct me if im wrong) - actually i just noticed/rememberd you didnt dread your bangs, you can continue brushing that part :)

IMO, hairspray just to tame the frizz every once in a while isn't gonna hurt you, it will rinse off with a residue free shampoo

from now on its basically just patience - and realy not so much patience, as just trying to take your mind off of them, dont baby them along too much, theyll do their own thing eventually

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

just 1 exra note i agree throw the combs in the trash.. but.. once they start tightening up every couple weeks otr so just seperate the indevidual dreads where they mayy try growing together near the roots..i usualy do it the day after i wash em cause thats when they seem to try growin together the most...if i couple do get too grown together to seperate..dont worruy bout it..thats just part of the beauty of dreads.. but if u dont try to keep em seperatedd at least u might get all of em on 1 side or the other together in 1 huge as dread

7. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

yeah i think everyone has been right on the money.

However if you wont alot of big thicker dreads which have grown together, then just let them BE

8. skankleft

skankleft Member

try not to put any un-natural shit in your dreadies

they look very happy:)

9. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

thanks , loving the advice