my dad......

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by madcrappie, Jan 17, 2005.

1. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

my father is running for political office again. this time he is running for city council. I dont know what to quite think about it, because every time he has been involved in city politics, he went back to drinking heavily. last time he went to AA, he had to resign from the mayor post...

but he had always told me that being just a city council member was less stress than being the mayor of the town. so, I dont think he will get back to drinking. the thing Im afraid of is people pressuring him to run for mayor again. Every time he is council member, he is pressured to run for the mayor spot, and then, he falls off the wagon, and drinks.

but I do feel proud of him though. he does need to do something with his time. He doesnt have a steady job at the moment. and having a council job will occupy him more, I guess. its good to know that the majority of the town wants him to represent their issues. every time he has run for political office in the town, he won overwhelmingly.

2. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I can imagine that would be a stressful job, considering all the dumb asses you would have to deal with. It's stressful enough sometimes just talking about politics, I could understand how being involved in it all could push someone to drinking.

What's your dad about, then? I mean as far as his political viewpoints go?

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well he is a registered deomocrat, but he isnt extreme liberal, mind you. more on the fence, so to speak.