My Confession

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by lunarflowermaiden, Apr 4, 2007.

1. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Honestly, I never liked dating guys my own age either. They just seemed way too young to me. That being said, yes, my husband is older than me. Not by much, only 4 years, but, yeah.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nope, I think their just awfully jealous!

3. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Why do you think that?

4. Asmodean

Ha, because when I was like sixteen and saw all the girls hitting on the older guys I felt the same. :D

5. lunarflowermaiden

I am sure you still had your fair share of girls hitting on you. It would only make sense!

6. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

It's funny to hear all of the girls complaining about guys their age... I struggle to find anyone my age, male or female, who is on my planet. It works both ways (as I'm sure you would admit - just making a point though).

7. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

yeah i know PLENTY of immature, superficial girls to! it totaly goes both ways. i think girls generally mature a bit sooner than guys though. what do you think?

8. lunarflowermaiden

I agree about females typically maturing more quickly than males. I think a lot of it is due to biology. That does not mean there aren't men out there who are more mature than women, though. I have seen women who act as though they belong in diapers, as well. It does go both ways.

9. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

^^ I agree fully. It is a fact that women mature sooner, but say you didn't know that was a fact, and you had to come to a conclusion just by watching how some girls react to things, you probably would never guess. I don't believe in violence, but sometimes i just have the urge to go up to these overly dramatic girls and slap them yelling "WAKE UP!"

10. Asmodean

Yes, it does go both ways. But generally men are later with maturing indeed. I was a very good example of a typical adolescent boy in my teenage years, and still can't help and behave like on every now and then (as any real man does :tongue: ).
    I didn't had an eye for girls hitting on me and most of them probably weren't, haha. Most of the girls I got together with then were pretty persistent. And those weren't many of course. Ah well, I tell myself I just was choosy. :)

11. lunarflowermaiden

Yes, you never would guess by some girls! The way they act is truly astonishing. Especially the girls who are spoiled to death by their parents. Just watching them throw tantrums is like hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Well, most of them could have been quiet or shy in the ways they hit on you. I don't typically hit on guys. I am way too shy for that. I am always afraid I will make a fool out of myself. The only time I do is when I am very much into a guy and/or feel comfortable talking with him, which doesn't occur too often.

12. Asmodean

Oh yes, most people who hit on someone just aren’t clear enough! I’m not the most obvious womanizer myself, haha, and certainly not a few years ago. I mostly got involved with girls of my own age though, some a few years younger, but never older. Not that a few years is a big deal anyway.
    Most of the time I just really didn't noticed when somebody really liked me. Still don't sometimes, until someone makes it clear to me. :tongue:

13. lunarflowermaiden

It is difficult, isn't it? I remember when one of my close friends liked me, I never realized it. When he told me about it, he asked me why it wasn't obvious that he liked me. It is sometimes hard for me to distinguish between friendliness and more than friendliness. Sometimes I like to think certain people like me, but then I figure it is probably just me hoping rather than it actually being true [​IMG]. I guess I am the same way, though, because most people never realize I like them until I come right out and tell them.

14. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Same with me. The ones that always like me, I would never guess it, and take their actions to be complete friendliness, but the ones who are only being friendly with me, I always seem to think that their hitting on me. I always get it backwards lol.

15. lunarflowermaiden

Doesn't it just drive you mad, Miss_Beatle? I don't even try to figure people out anymore. They are all too confusing :tongue:.

16. Asmodean

What's driving me even more mad are the people who seem to see it all.

17. lunarflowermaiden

Everyone drives me mad, unfortunately.

18. myself

myself just me

Perhaps you need a father figure?
    It's quite common among young girls to like older men. Nothing right or wrong about it, just a matter of preference.
    Freud might explain this to you in terms of the Electra complex...
    And may I add: you look too beautiful to waste yourself on immature, undeserving boys of your age. :)

19. lunarflowermaiden

It is strange you should mention the Electra complex. I was just reading a chapter regarding that the other day for my Human Growth and Development course. Freud's ideas are all so interesting, to say the least.

Anyway, thank you very much, myself, for your reply and your kindness [​IMG].

20. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

Electra not to be confused with Oedipus....