My compromise for gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maccabee, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

That was quickly overturned.

Nudegardner and WritersPanic like this.
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Through bureaucracy and big government allowing it. Like so many other examples there is no actual use of the guns. When gun owners are unhappy they have nicely ask and if the answer is yes or no they have to accept it.

For example it's illegal to own a Ar-15 in a city close to where I grew up. NRA tied to sue and had to accept they failed in court. Not one person has been shot for "tyranny" in that city. Kind of showed how empty their threats were. They sure said people would die if court did not go well and then they shut up because the police said OK go ahead.

Guns are a meaningless issue compared to other things. As long as the most vulnerable think they are strong they don't think of the other issues.

3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So there has been a run on gun shops across the US including “many who are first time gun owners”. What can possibly go wrong! I have known a number of people killed or injured by guns in my life time including the leader of a local gun club who killed his wife in a murder suicide. I have never known anyone who used a gun to successfully protect their family or themselves.

For every conspicuous anecdote furnished by the NRA and the gun lobby there are a wealth of contrary experiences. Even tho I no longer hunt, I support the responsible sportsman.....nobody but nobody needs an AR-15 or even a hand gun. Our neighbors to the north of 49 degrees do just fine without them. They are from a similar genetic background but have a much lower incidence of gun violence....wonder why, eh.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

wow .. what are you smoking ??
    you think there is some form of world order that prevents persons from breaking into your home..
    you know why nobody is breaking into persons homes right now..

because there is a handgun behind every door frame..

Nudegardner likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

Gun owners say laws are impossible at this point. Yes, they have a culture of guns but all we need is to outlaw guns for self defense. Meaning for example if you kill a burglar you are charged with murder and illegal possession of a firearm. This would happen to you in other countries. Self defense does not equal killing unless you can prove it in court. Very different to the stand your ground style laws in the US where it's reasonable to answer a shove with gun fire.

'Stand Your Ground' Trial Begins In Florida A Year After Unarmed Black Man Is Killed

If you want to keep your A5-15 hidden like a pot grow where only the cool people know that's fine. It is true we can't stop you. But all you have at that point is a war. To use it things have gotten serious. You don't have a legal use for a gun. So a gun store does not exist, public groups like the NRA are gone. No more ammo at Wal-mart. no more open carrying to show what a man you are.They really have to live like their fantasy and do things in secret.

I think this the best course of action. Do not be intimated by threats of Civil War. Just leave that as their only option. It's their threat for any gun laws. But when we do pass laws we see they don't do anything.

If you change gun laws only bad guys have guns. That is correct only bad people would chose to own a gun if laws on them changed. Only bad people would see a purpose.

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

Most Americans don't own a gun. They don't get robbed.
    You can buy a handgun on any street corner and rob someone with it. So why am I afraid of a home owner with a gun? They have to sleep, it's dark, I have friends. Or most likely they go to work and it does not matter if they have a gun.

Your logic is flawed. Guns don't help you.

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

With all the guns in America, they still can't manage to shoot corona !9,
    He must be a tough cookie. :yum::yum:

8. Maccabee

Lethal force in use of self defense isn't purely an American thing. Sure, other countries might have stricter guidelines to what is acceptable to use lethal force, but I'm pretty sure if I was in legal possession of a firearm in a western nation and shot someone because he was actively attacking me with a lethal weapon, I would justified and aquitted.

Do Other Countries Allow You to Stand Your Ground?

Why ban guns at all when there are countries that function quite well while still allowing citizens to own pretty much anything you can find in an US gun store with the right paperwork? It's not that we have guns that's the problem, it's who has access to them.

9. Maccabee

You say most as if it's a overwhelmingly majority when in fact, it's more like 2 out of 3 people don't own a gun. If you're in the US, you probably ran into a gun owner far more often than you ran into a vegan or first responder and didn't even knew it.

Nudegardner and WritersPanic like this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't worry about guns--it will never happen to YOU. It's always someone else. It's. always. someone. else.

12. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

I *don't* worry about guns. I've defended myself on several occasions with a firearm (never had to fire a shot, thankfully!), and I always keep one close to hand. My Glock 10mm is sitting on the end table right next to me, as I write this.

13. unfocusedanakin

What is 2/3? That's a "majority"

And the amount of Americans who own several guns is very small. There is a HUGE difference between people who have grand dads pistol ( I even had one) and the people who feel the need to have a gun safe and 5K of toys on the ar-15.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why? Are you expecting a drive by? :grinning:

granite45 likes this.
  15. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

I suppose this is your (unsuccessful) attempt at humor. Having prevented two home invasions by having quick access to my firearm, I have no interest in your misguided opinion.

wrat likes this.
  16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

What most idiots don’t realize is that you don’t need to fire a gun to effectively use it as self defense.

wrat likes this.
  17. granite45

Where do you live? Never gona visit that neighborhood.

18. granite45

Sounds like people should be buying fakes with stiff penalties to keep them from being used for back yard intimidation!

19. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

Sounds good to me.

Yeah...bad things *never* happen to people in nice neighborhoods. Just ask Sharon Tate.

wrat and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

She could have used a flamethrower and a pitbull terrier.