My compromise for gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maccabee, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Unfortunately, a revolution without teeth, becomes Tiananmen square; empty and only symbolic in the long run.

Nudegardner and onceburned like this.
  2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

What am I missing?

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

lol

Nitocris likes this.
  4. Maccabee

Why do I need to justify it? But to answer your question, the AR15 and others like it were designed as a jack of all trades. It has less recoil than a shotgun and easier to a than a handgun.

Nudegardner likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yes we did and it was not American farmer who won the war. This is one of those NRA fantasies. It's simple facts it was the French army that beat the British army. The French helped us since they hated England. Without them we lost. At the time the English had the best army in the world. What did we have?

So this really has no place in gun rights since it's not an example of private persons using guns to defend anything. It proves my point though. You need an army not Bubba with a Ar-15 to win.

Asmodean and granite45 like this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's statements like this that hurt your cause.

People who don't own guns are not as stupid as you think. It's a jack of war and we both know that. This is why it's so damn important for nuts.

7. onceburned

onceburned Banned

I agree, it's like a overpowered BB gun .
    the issue is that if there is a constitution there has to be weapons to back it up. if people decide they don't want to do what the government tells them , the first thing the government does is pull out their guns.
    threats of imprisonment , tear gas , sticks , rubber bullets , and when that doesn't work , out comes the live ammo . how quick the government forgets that We The People put them there , and when we don't agree with government , and want a change they won't listen unless We The People back up what we want. take a look at what is happening in Virginia, their 'rat governor wants to go against the second amendment and take all the guns away from the people there. and the response is, almost all of the counties have declared themselves second amendment sanctuaries . their 'rat governor has increased the budget for jails and prisons to accommodate more "criminals".

on a final note, if that person in church ( in Texas) didn't have his sidearm with him there's no telling how many people that shooter would have killed. sadly he killed two , before he was killed himself . the shooter was mad the church wouldn't give him money , only food . mental health is the reason for these shootings , also you'll find most of these troubled people are on psych drugs .

8. You never answered the question, what are you afraid of, that requires owning a military assault weapon? What do you fear?

9. onceburned

onceburned Banned

the government

but, they should fear us

Nudegardner likes this.
  10. Us?
    If you are truly so fearful to live in this country, why do you stay?

11. onceburned

onceburned Banned

12. onceburned

onceburned Banned

cause it's my home land

Nudegardner likes this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That confirms my suspicion that you've education may be limited. Have you ever attended college? Did you finish high school? Sixth grade? Even school kids would know we didn't tell the queen anything back in 1776. It was George III, and he warn't no queen. Maybe you're trying to imitate the Idiot in Chief who told us in his Fourth of July address about how the colonial forces protected the airfields during the Revolutionary War. And you have the right to vote? Scary!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Tyrsonswood likes this.
  14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What home land is that, exactly? And do you really intend to stand up to "the government"(whatever it is) with an assault rifle?

15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The person down the road with a gun.
    Like in the UK, they should get rid of them all. The part where the US had to disarm the police would be fun.

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I can think of one way that your idea could be made to work.

The person who approves someone as 'safe' on the database, should face a second degree murder or assault charge with a mandatory prison term every time a person who they have approved shoots a person.

Now try to get certified as 'safe' on the database. :yum::yum::yum:

17. Maccabee

I personally don't fear anything. However I do like to be prepared for as many things as possible. One obvious scenario is an active shooter situation.

18. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I dont really have a dog in the gun fight. I dont own a gun, have no desire to. I almost went to the garlic fest in Gilroy last summer tho. If I had I woulda been caught up in a mass shooting and that messed with me. For a few weeks after I was scared to public places. I shouldn't have to fear leaving the house and getting a gun of my own shouldn't be the way to alleviate that fear. I think there is an issue unique to the US. Something inherent. Cultural perhaps? There is a reason we blow each other away like no one else on earth. And I dont think access to guns is the reason. And while banning and restricting guns does cure the symptom it ignores the overall sickness

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

or Venezuela ..

20. Varmint

Varmint Member

My own government, and foreign invasion. I don't own any "assault weapons. However, you will find it difficult, if not impossible to fight against any military if you don't have equal arms to that military, and this point was made by more than one founding father. Besides, the government lacks constitutional authority to regulate either the private citizen or arms.

That word "arms" is short for armaments, rather than firearms. It means ANY kind of armaments, including tanks, planes, bombs, bazookas, and anti-aircraft weapons. In other words, the 2nd Amendment repudiates all attempts by our government to regulate any citizen and their right to own, possess, and carry any armaments they desire. The reason for this amendment and it's wording is that the founding fathers were painfully aware that ALL governments gravitate towards increasing control and oppression of those they were supposed to serve, and will eventually devolve to their basest form and resort to ANYTHING to maintain their power and authority over the citizenry. Venezuela is just the most recent and glaring example of this. Without arms, the people have no means to fight back and re-take control over their own lives and country. They are, therefore, at the mercy of petty and vindictive government employees who will stop at nothing to exploit them.

THIS is what motivates people to stockpile assault weapons and ammo. I keep hoping nobody will ever have to resort to using them, but history tells me that is a fairytale pipe dream. If one thing is constant over the last 6,000 years of recorded history, it's that nobody can ever be trusted with unbridled power, and there is no bridle without an armed populace willing to kill to defend their own rights from those who would abuse or revoke them.