My Complete Project: The Reaper's Harvest - Poster

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Peace-Phoenix, May 26, 2004.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Here it is, the completed project, my campaigning anti-war poster, incorporating my new poem, "The Reaper's Harvest". I've been working on the poem and the poster all day, let me know what you think. Next stage is to email RESPECT, and see if they'd like to use it in their gallery. I'm also going to take use it for leafletting purposed locally, and will try to get it into the local paper. If any RESPECT supporters, or anti-war campaigners want to use the poster for any reason, let me know and I'll send you one that you can print off or photocopy. Hope you like it....

[​IMG]

2. Peace-Phoenix

Nah I wasn't going for a poem to the centre, the imagery is just as important as the words, I don't want the poem to be too dominant....

3. Peace-Phoenix

It'd be too difficult to read. It's not a sunset though, it's a mushroom cloud from a bomb dropped during the Iraq war. It's not very easy to see in that downsized version, but you can see it in the A4 sized one....

4. Summertime

Summertime Member

I think that's a really cool poster. :) The only thing I'd change is the colour of the words "The Reaper's Harvest" cause it's a bit hard to read, but I don't know what it looks like bigger. It would be cool if Respect use it.

Summer. xx.

5. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

i think the poem is excellent, poignant, emotive and very very effective..the pictures in the background of the poster work really well. i think it would be cool if the title reapers harvest could be in the same colour and font as the respect logo...is that possible? maybe red...as it doesnt blend in a bit. and altho you said you dont want the poem to be centred coz you dont want it to dominate the poster, it does anyway really coz of its size and because its the firts thing to catch your eye...so maybe centrein wouldnt be such a bad idea....just for a bit more professionalism...lol. just my thoughts!! either that or you could try blending the edges of the poem into the photo background a bit so its not quite so contrasting...the edges appear a bit hard to be off centre. does that make sense?

i am very impressed sal, and would love a downloadable copy of this poster to big up respect in my church, if thats cool?

love luchi xxx

6. Peace-Phoenix

Certainly, I'll send you a full sized one over MSN when you're next on. I didn't know you were a RESPECT supporter? Are you a member? Either way it's cool, they're really growing very rapidly now....

7. chickabean

chickabean Senior Member

havent become a member yet...been readin up in the policies over the past few weeks...final decision was made yesterday moring when a respect european leaflet came thru my door...kind of a prompt i think...i read it thru and thought...this is basically my main views typed out on a leaflet! fantastic!! thanks for the poster offer...very much appreciated :)

8. Peace-Phoenix

Even my parents are going to vote RESPECT now, and they're life long Labour voters. I think a lot of people would be willing to support them, if they were more widely known....

9. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

It's kool :)

Only thing I'd change would be to blur the edges of the picture with the poem on it because it's very different to the other images and creates too much of a contrast

10. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

There was just a party political broadcast for them on BBC2 :p:)

11. TheFly

TheFly Member

:) Yeah... good work...

I'd like to see a full-size version... at the moment, at that size, the title doesn't stand out... needs to contrast more with the images behind...

Can you e-mail a full size version to me?... that'd be grand...

Fly...

12. Graham

Graham Member

i like it all part from the nasty word art title, i hate word art ewww ^_^ the rest is fab though

13. Peace-Phoenix

Yeah I saw their election broadcast just now, very good! I taped it too:p They're getting a lot more publicity now, which is brilliant. Sure thing Fly, will send you a copy, what are you goign to use it for?

14. TheFly

TheFly Member

:cool: I'll stick it up in my classroom... be interesting to see what reactions I get... sixth form are off on exams... AS students will be back about the 14th but it may be a good starting point for their devised piece... trying to get them to be more political in their work... did a Brecht piece for their last practical project... and they studied Dario Fo's Accidental Death Of An Anarchist as one of their coursework plays... last year's took Dario Fo's style and did a satire on Tony Blair...

I've got a mate in the Maths department who is a big Respect supporter, so will it be okay for me to print off a copy for him... he's already got stuff up in his room...

Fly...

15. Peace-Phoenix

Yep, print as many as you like, I want to try to circulate this as widely as possible. My Dad is an A-Level English teacher, and his colleague is teaching war poetry as a synoptic unit. He was in reprographics this morning getting a copy of the poster laminated for me and his colleague asked if he could make 30 copies for her class to analyse alongside Owen and Sassoon! It looks like I've done what I've always wanted to do, subject an A-Level English class to an hour of boredom studying my word! Roll over Shakespeare....

16. roly

roly Senior Member

only thing i think to change would be have no title for the poem
    it's rather a nifty poster tho! :)

17. Peace-Phoenix

18. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

This is crazy! theres no order or peace in politics, every state is a war state, respect would be no different! george galloway might look all smily and happy on the streets when he says hello! but respect is simply yet another political party with its own interests at heart!

and you can wrap that up in whatever ribbons you want to make it look pretty

political parties where you have peopple having payed jobs within that party just leads to corruption and chaos!

19. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I disagree:p

RESPECT refuse to take money from big business so they can stay independant.

Check out the RESPECT website and read the list of candidates which will shows clearly that this is a party for the people.

I can understand your opinions. We have become used to accepting a *compromise* from our political parties... RESPECT however, is not a compromise! It does exactly what it says on the tin:p

I have worked with some of the candidates on campaigns such as Stop War know first hand that they mean what they say. Many have given up most of the spare time to campaign with the anti war movement. People such as the Yorkshire candidate Mobeen Azhar.

These are decent people with a proven track record in fighting social injustice... I feel 100% confident they are not in this for selfish reasons.

Love Clairexxx

20. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

what one political party says and what it means is completely different issue, im sure if i met maggy thatcher in the street she'd be charming! but shes an evil woman

the political parties in britain on serve the interests of those who run it! that will always be the way that it is. the only freedom people will ever achieve it through the disbanding of self centered governments, who will lie to the people