My Cat Rolls Around In Cat Feces...

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Jimbee68, May 12, 2022.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

At first I thought I was imagining things. Snowball smelled like cat feces. But you know, who knows what a cat does or picks up in their daily lives, I thought.

Anyway, I finally caught her doing it. Didn't say a thing, because how can you discipline a cat? Cat owners know what I am talking about.

But I do wonder what I can do about it. People tell me I should take her to the vet. Maybe they can wash her once she is sedated. She also has an enormous amount of the brown stuff encrusted on her backside. And I am not just talking about her anus. EDIT: BTW, I will need help getting to the vet. She won't go into that cat carrier easily, I can tell you. I think someone will have to help me. I was also thinking if the vet could give me something to sedate her for this part of the process. Like I said, it won't be easy.

The vet seems to be the best option now. But what about long-term care? Is there anyway to stop her from doing it. I know cats are normally very clean, I have noticed. And she is a strictly indoor cat, I should point out, FWIW.

Here is a picture of her. She's not the gray one (the gray one has no problems). She's in the box, on the lower right. Here:

[​IMG]

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

My cat is quite fluffy so she sometimes had poo on her bum or tail, I take her by the scruff on her neck and she sort of freezes , I only put a little water in the bath and quickly wash her, if no one is home to help me I put clothes pegs on her scruff, it works for me and only takes a couple of minutes. She growls at me lol but I know she feels better without poo stuck on her. Maybe the food you feed her is not agreeable for her ? Try changing that. Also try putting her in the cat box bum first so she can’t see where she is being put.
    Lovely cats btw.

DrRainbow likes this.
  3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Hehe must be smelly....... Poor kitty.

Meow :)

4. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

It's worse than that. The two sisters get along famously (which is odd for cats). So they've taken to sleeping together I've noticed. So as you can imagine, the gray one is picking up all the white ones' odors.

The gray one is much cleaner though. You know when a cat cleans herself, she removes every last hint of odor. It's apparently a grooming gene that goes back to when they were hunting on the plains of Africa, though ironically it usually serves no logical purpose now. Hmmmm. Maybe I should just wait for the gray one to clean herself before I pick her up.

5. Dude111

Yea Im sure she will :)

6. Renart

Renart Members

It could be worse. My parent's dog used to EAT her feces.

We researched how to train her in order for her NOT to do that, so I would've advised to do the same for your cat... if cats weren't infamously independent.

7. Dude111

Yuk must have tasted disgusting :D

I saw my dog do that one time.........

8. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

9. Renart

Renart Members

No need to apologize. Cat pictures have been the essence of the internet since time immemorial

10. Dude111

Thanx for the pics of kitty cats!!

Meow Meow :)