my cat has dreads

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by deadonceagain, Aug 22, 2005.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

my cat is sheding and her hair started to mat up so i was brushing her once a day but iv been gone from home this week and i came back and now my cat has realy matted spots on her back there pretty tight, anyway to get them out?, i dont want to cut them out cause shed look half bald

2. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are detangling sprays that can be purchased from pet stores...one I have seen is called Perfect Coat...I'm not sure how it works, as i keep my dog clipped short, but it may be an alternative. If it doesn't work, you may have to consider getting your kitty clipped down...those mats on cats and dogs can cause hot spots and skin sores from the skin not getting enough oxygen, and getting rubbed by the mat. It may look weird for awhile, but the hair should grow back in before too long. You may want to ask your vet for some suggestions as well. Good luck!

3. John221

John221 Senior Member

wow, a cat with dreads...i wana see pictures!

4. ~Gina~

~Gina~ Member

me too

5. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

Dude, post pictures!!! Hahaha, Kitty Rastah. :D

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

ahah its not like all over her,just in different spots if i took a picture you wouldnt notice but if you pet her you would