My cacti extraction diary

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Rabidreject, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Ok so I have 7 or 8 Trichocereus species cacti that are planted plus some cuttings that have been snapped off the originals, sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. 3 or 4 of them are San Pedro's and a couple are Peruvian Torches but there are also two Trichocereus species i am unsure of for masculine production so will probably just leave them to grow. I don't even know the name of one,however, the other is the penis plant cactus (Trichocereus Bridgesii Monstrose).
    I found this quote about them:
    "
    Regional forms of T. bridgesii:
    The fact that most regional forms look very similar makes it very hard to differentiate between them. There are many known clones available, but Trichocereus bridgesii isnt just as variable as the Peruvian species.

The monstrose form of Echinopsis lageniformis/Trichocereus bridgesii is called PENIS PLANT or TBM, sometimes also called Trichocereus bridgesii Inermis. Contrary to the typical columnar growth habit of the species, the TBM cultivar displays short stem segments that branch forming a small bush. The upper part of each stem section is smooth and spineless, resembling a certain male body part. The lower part shows a tendency to form ribs and is spiny. The plant is light green in color."

Then I also have another Trichocereus species with a very wide girth that I bought like 6 years ago along with the rest of them but I can't remember the name. I'll see if I still have the original invoice in my old email account at some point.

IMG_1008(1)_kindlephoto-9959290.jpg

The one on the right in the photo of the potted ones is the one I am 100% sure is Peruvian torch or Trichocereus bridgesii and I think I got scammed on the one on the left years ago from a totally different vendor as my friend ate a big dose and nothing. It was The only cactus I ever bought from a 'head shop' rather than a professional cacti nursery, where they cultivate them from both cuttings and seeds and sell them under their Latin names rather than just saying San Pedro cactus.
    The Peruvian on the right is about double the size of the cutting (just over) so it is probably 130cm as the cutting above is 60cm.
    Also the cutting below is San Pedro (Trichocereus Pachanoi)

IMG_1009.jpg

I also have 2 or 3 more thinner San Pedro's and Peruvian Torches about 50cm tall.
    I will be updating this diary as I do it but it may take a while as I am poor and I don't have any of the equipment other than the cacti yet. Like I say they are about 6 or 7 years old though so pretty big and apart from one they are all from a reputable source.

Does anyone know a rough idea of what I might get for a yield? I can find all sorts of estimates for dry cactus but not fresh.

I have done the DMT extraction about 3 times so I think I will be ok.

I'm thinking of doing this tek Acid-Base Extraction of Mescaline from San Pedro
    Might take a while to save for the stuff tho!

How much do you think I'll yield? They are HEFTY cacti :) the one good thing to come out of doing a long jail sentence

edit~: just found another cacti im going to extract too. Its about 60cm...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Orison and Mountain Valley Wolf like this.
  2. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Looking at the photo the on e on the right is the Peruvian torch and the cutting is from one of my San pedros

3. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Right, i have taken more photos and I have also dug out the original invoice from the only shop I buy cacti from and it turns out that all the cacti I have originate from 6 originals that I cloned.

Anyways the pics I took today are as follows and I actually know the exact species names of them all now :)
    Below is the Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus or penis plant that is at least 10 years old, as are all of them now I think of it. (don't know how old it was when I bought it but this particular one was very small. It had just the one small Willy on it. It needs breaking up and repotting to make more though as lots of roots are visible atm.
    2019-01-09_19-28-16_898.jpg

The photo below shows the penis plant next to a Trichocereus pasacana that was very short and fat when I got it. Not sure about masculine content of either of these yet, if not looked but will do before I do the extraction/purification as I really love these and they are not that big I might be better off cloning them like I did with my San Pedro's and Peruvian Torches.
    2019-01-09_19-31-15_314.jpg

The pascana has some of that weird black spots on it at the top which a few of them have. It looks like it should be squishy as if it's rotten but it harder than the healthy green parts. I think getting rid of the black pups/scabs and leave to re-scab and await new growth.

Anyway, it's getting on and I'm tired so will post the rest of the pics tomorrow.
    Peace

4. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

ok for the most part I have started processing the seductively processed log fresh log I'll be using as my extra extract materiasl. Not just that though. The biggest one is still o n it's way here so that I can chop and snip offspikes,blend and start extraction.
    Again.I will repotting the top and too restock to whatever I include to be able to extract next week.

Looking I not a declaratory tunnel with a magnetic stirred and some Pyrex reaction vessel s.

5. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

I started preparing some.of the cuttings that will be used for extraction today. they are both from different San Pedro cacti. It's probably quite ha rd to see the birth but the small one.shirt is 5 inches and the big one is 8 inches.
    The length of the smaller I is about 14 inches long x 4inches around and the bigger one is 17 inches long x 8 I inches girth.

2019-01-13_22-28-32_983.jpg
    big one with 8inch girth

2019-01-13_22-28-23_018.jpg

4inch girth Ion left 8inch girth in right. Both San Pedro

6. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Just some more of the cuttings I still from the fruits that are being harvested for regrowth for the next few years!

[Bold] San Pedro Cuttings [/Bold]

Trichocereus Bridgeskii Intermis Penis plant cuttings

2019-01-13_22-43-32_420.jpg 2019-01-13_22-43-32_420.jpg

[Bold] San Pedro - Trichocereus Panachoi [/Bold]
    2019-01-13_22-42-09_885.jpg

My newly harvested San Pedro .Just trying to get the starting cacti weight up as much as possible.
    2019-01-13_22-41-11_701.jpg The main section of T. bridgeskii Monrose after having been cut into about 4 different root endangering cuttings (10cm - 30cm)

2019-01-13_22-40-36_504.jpg One of the cuttings.....

Attached Files:

7. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

This is the c cacti that I harvested for the extraction before she was chopped: the

2019-01-09_20-12-41_242.jpg

The bigger black one on the left....strong cactus so will scan and grow new pups next year.

The one with the nob-rot on the left I chopped off the nob-rot, along with others that had so me rot shit going on.

8. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

On so I realise this has in d of ground to a halt. I've not been eaten by my cacti don't worry. Everything tends to move at a slow pace in the cactus world! I am waiting for the spring when I can plant my cuttings and start watering again. I have invested in a few of the solvents I am going to use in the team but am amw really waiting for summer to take the masculine anyway so I figured I would wait until the end of summer so I have this year's growth also.
    I am very much I looking forward to having more trichocereus bridges Montrose (please excuse spelling I can to look it up) I also re-read what I have written I n previous posts and thought I would tell you I can spell and speak engkish, howeverhowever, am thwarted by my spell checker that I can't turn off!!
    Until next time!

9. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Hi guuys. Yup im back and i have pics and am partway through theextraction now

Due to the fact i v done multiple A\B extractions of DMT im pretty confident i could get this downby combining severeal parts of several teks. I will link to em as i list themi guess.

Ok so i noticed a sticky in the cacti delecti forum about A\B extraction where he starts with an acidic aqueous solution. Thhis is how i started but from a differebt source.

I used....
    Acid-Base Extraction of Mescaline from San Pedro
    Acid-Base Extraction of Mescaline from San Pedro
    by Prdy2GO and starlight, HTML by metanoid

20191001_165324.jpg

20191001_165312.jpg some of my tools and free citric acid from free injection packs!

I am currently at the end of stage 1. I hada lot of cactus and i under estimated how long it takes to despine and peel off the wax then chop it.

20190930_190358.jpg

20190930_192830.jpg

20190930_192820.jpg

Thats just a selection of the cacti i used.i also had the cacti i harvested and froze earlieri. Thhis threadand aleo more vfresh cactus i didnt photograph.

Orison likes this.
  10. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

20191001_165315.jpg More equipment...

Then i choppedup the de-skinned and mixedup 3g of pharmateutical injectable grade citric acid at a concentration of 3g/1l of water.

20191001_165301.jpg

Small amount chopped cactus justput into the acidic aqueous solution. It hada PH of 4.

I boiled it for twenty mins and strained it and collected the Liquid. It was really snotty and i noticed the more pulls i did the less snotty it got.

20191001_165258.jpg

After twenty mins

20191001_185607.jpg

Straining uzing the biggest ug bubblebag i had laying around. 225ug i think

Attached Files:

11. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

20191001_185433.jpg

20191001_185612.jpg

Which lead to......

20191001_165307.jpg

Im nowcombinging all the 3 washes from each plant material run i did. I have one more to do tomorrow but am going to startthe defatting ptocess of what i have.

Will probably use a zip lock baggie pegged up to settle then cut a tinny hole in the bottom corner so that have can gethe aqueuous solution without the fat or xylene.

More photos to follow. I will try to finish the whole process tomorrow minus the secondary cleaning with acetone.

12. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Ok so i decanted the acidic aqueous solution into two glass jars awith 25-50% xylene added.
    I capped them amd gently rolled them around 120x. I then let them.sit in a war m water bath overnight in case of emulsion.

I forgot to take photos of this though.... But when i checked on thewm first thing this morning there was a top layer of discoloured xylene, followed by what was clearly a layer of cactus fats or 'snot' and then a orangey brownish translucent layer of the acidic water at the bottom.

Ivv never had much success with turkey basters and i usually use oral syringes to seperate, however the jars i used were too tall. I seperated off excess xylene and alsao about to% of the fat layer of each jar then re-agitated and pured into a zip lock bag.i then hung it by a corner.

13. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

20191002_075617.jpg

Just waiting for it to seperate then ill snip a small hole in the bottom corner to allow me to keep the aqueous solution with the mesc citrate in it.
    I
    I will then repeat e defat 2 or 3 more times. Eugh!
    Then comes basification!! Yayh
    Then more seperation, then crystilisation and acidification again!

Its way morw of involved process than DMT. its the same but the amount of defatting makes iit take agea. Also i used fresh cactucactuas which takes ages to prep.

14. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

After an hour so so of hanging....

20191002_093114.jpg

I put it in a warm water bath again for the last few mins then time to defeat again! It's the worst part of the process for me.
    Do you think I'll be ok to re- use the xtreme just for the deflating then use fresh xtreme for the mesc crystal pull at the end?
    Im just cautious because the xylene iv used for the first defeat has changed from clear ...... 15700058135741472033421043519380.jpg

to..... 15700057589356911722266352363672.jpg

I have a feeling it wont need much more defatting if I get the separation hole in the ziplock baggie small enough to use as a makeshift sep-funnel

15. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

After an hour so so of hanging....

View attachment 215210

I put it in a warm water bath again for the last few mins then time to defeat again! It's the worst part of the process for me.
    Do you think I'll be ok to re- use the xtreme just for the deflating then use fresh xtreme for the mesc crystal pull at the end?
    Im just cautious because the xylene iv used for the first defeat has changed from clear ...... View attachment 215212

to..... View attachment 215211

I have a feeling it wont need much more defatting if I get the separation hole in the ziplock baggie small enough to use as a makeshift sep-funnel

16. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Ok so the bag idea didn't work. I put too big of a hole and caught all the aqueous solution but also couldn't stop the fats mixing back into it so gave up.

I vaped a volcano and had a think and decided the problem.before when I separated with oral syringes was the jars were too tall.

I therefore re-agitated it all and decided it into 2 smaller jars. I then left them in a warm water bath.

Jars in water bath, just after agitation

20191002_103401.jpg

Jars now after separation.....

17. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

After a water bath but the hot water was allowed to cool so I'm doing them again

Jar 1
    20191002_161533.jpg

Jar 2....

20191002_161529.jpg

You CAN see the xylene later, then the fats, then the layer I want at the bottom, however, I will need to defat it 3 pr 4 times until that aqueous solution isnt mixed with the fats at all.

I just put them back in a warm.water bath and will take them out whilst the water is still hot as that makes a big difference for the distinct layers

18. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Quite interesting what you have to go through for this. Thanks for educating us.

19. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

It's cool. I'm using bits and Bob's from different teks I'm linking to as they come up.

More pics though, just did mu first defat and separating and all mixing for the second defat...

Invaluable tool!
    20191002_164546.jpg

Fresh out the water bath. You can see the water with the mesc citrate dissolved in at the bottom layer, the fats and cactus snot in the middle layer and the xylene on top.
    Jar 1
    20191002_161529.jpg

Jar 2

20191002_162443.jpg

Far 2 after fat layer sucked out... 20191002_163007.jpg

20. Rabidreject

Rabidreject Members

Jar 1 with so-far layer gone (ish)
    20191002_164245.jpg

Combined all acidic water for second defat process to do all over again...

20191002_163246.jpg