My brother's mean behavior

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Earthy Mama, May 11, 2004.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

My brother's dog Barky is a really sweet dog. Hes very shy and afraid of people. My brother screams at him all the time and it drives me nuts. He also doesn't let him play outside. He is pretty much trying to mold the dog into him... a hateful, fat, lazy, a-hole. Thank goodness though the dog isn't mean. I feel so bad for the dog but my brother has such a bad temper everytime I mention it we get into a huge fight ending with him telling me to f-off and get my own dog. I know he is going to end up killing the poor thing with all the fatty human food he feeds it. what should I do? I'm so sick of this. I'm thinking of calling some kind of authorities on him but hes my brother so it seems too much of a personal attack. I don't know... what would you do?

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

poor little doggie. call someone and get that dog out of there. your brother is neglecting him, so he shouldnt have him.
    you're not doing anything wrong, think of the poor doggie, he can't stand up to your brother. he can't do anything to change his situation. you can.

3. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

If you dont do something, you might have a hand in killing him as well. Wouldnt you feel awful if your brothers bad temper were to be taken out on the dog? What if he starts beating the dog? And say he 'accidentally' kills the dog. Wouldnt you feel terrible for not have said something?

Brother or not, ANIMAL ABUSE IS WRONG. In any form. Id call the authorities, and if they dont do anything (which they probably wont), call the Humane Society or a local No-Kill Animal Shelter. Fuckin ninja-sneak the dog away from him and turn it into a shelter. Give it a better life.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I'm going to ask my neighbor to do it for me (she will) so he can't think its me... I'm just afraid of his anger being taken out on my childern.

5. makno

makno Senior Member

dont even let on anythings up . find somewhere cool for the doggie to be , then when bro isnt lookin , he just isnt there anymore ! someone musta took him , or he run off . if hes treating the lil guy like that , you are doing everyone a favor by stopping it!

6. Fishndude

Fishndude Member

I agree with Mako.Do a stealth when your bro's not around grab fido and wisk him away to a better life.Or get a boyfried about 6.5 270lbs and let him take care of your brother and the dog.

7. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

yeah theft....that's always the solution.

dumbasses.

Call the SPCA so they can properly remove the animal and give him the care that he deserves.

or in the least...they will site your brother and do random/un-announced visits every 3-6 months.

DONT TRY TO REMOVE THE ANIMAL YOURSELF,YOU COULD GET BIT! EVEN THE SWEETEST DOGS WILL BITE.

not to mention...you can go to jail if you get caught.

and we dont want Earthymama is prison do we????

I dont.

8. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Stealing him would be a last resort, and I wouldn't reccomend it.

As someone who's worked in rescue and done these type of things, I suggest that you do call the authorities on him, so that he will at least go down on record as having been called out on animal abuse. That way, they can help point him somewhere to learn about how to treat animals right or at least it would be harder for him just to get ANOTHER dog to abuse.

If you just took him, he could just get another dog and therefore another dog's heart and spirit would get broken. It's almost better for it to be one dog he abuses than several if he has to abuse any, but let's hope he doesn't. At least if you have an SPCA in your area, they could entice him to get his dog back by learning proper care first. No guarantee that it would work, but like I said all of that is better than either leaving the dog with him and not doing anything or taking the dog and encouraging him to do it to another dog.

9. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'de say hurry up and call someone. The local humane society or spca, or a neighbor who would care for it. DO NOT leave the poor thing with him, nothing deserves to be treated this way!

10. Indriel

Indriel Member

Yeah, I agree with Bree on this, calling the authorities is the best option, especially if he won't listen to you & has a bad temper. That way the dog will be removed in the safest way possible for all involved, & his dog will receive veterinary care if needed & found another home - he sounds a beautiful little dog, he deserves a home where he'll be loved, & it shouldn't be hard to find him one. And your brother will be then known to the authorities who can take steps to either prevent him getting another dog or monitor his treatment of any pet he may get in the future. Education is the key to ending animal cruelty, I think, & preventing any abuse/neglect before it gets to the stage of the authorities having to step in. So much suffering inflicted on animals is caused by ignorance of how to care for them (feeding, exercise, veterinary care) or a lack of understanding that they are creatures who feel pain, loneliness, boredom, need for affection & attention.
    Good on you for standing up to your brother & trying to do the best for his little dog. Hope it works out.