my boyfriend's family...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by juliagulia, Jan 30, 2009.

1. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

are Jehovah's Witnesses. He is not baptized, but the rest of his family is. I love him very much, but we are having trouble spending time together because a) he has two jobs, b) he lives with his sis, bro-in-law, nephew, and little bro...their apartment is above the parents. c) they do not approve of premarital relations, so we can't even snuggle and talk because they assume we are having sex. I have my own apartment so it isn't always a problem, but he works a lot so I have to go there during the week to see him. I fell asleep with him last night, and when I woke up this morning he was at work. I planned on exiting quietly without being noticed, but his bro-in-law was on the couch when I opened the door. It's not like we could have done anything..his bed is too damn noisy. Anyone here ever dated someone with family that were witnesses? or some other religion that is NOT liberal? How did you get past the family's watchful eyes?

2. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Marry the dude. You'll save a fortune on Christmas and birthdays.

3. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

most religions aren't liberal.

you're 22 years old, nothing mommy and daddy can really do if you guys want to fuck.

5. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

yes, good point. they just play cards and watch tv on christmas. free and free

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Does he share rent? If so, he has a right to do what he likes, provided he is an adult.

If not, you'll have to see each other at your apartment.

7. Mr. Mojo Risin'

I agree, do it and make it really noisy.

"Fuck me all the way to Hell, my well-hung heathen!"

8. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

well, I was raised in a home where bibles gathered dust, and politics was the name of the game...so this is an adjustment for me.

9. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

i could just do my own rendition of Santa Baby...and then we could bounce up and down on the bed...and then see what their reaction is. So tempting. Yes he pays rent.

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I hope you can meet each other halfway. As long as you don't expect him to throw away his bibles, and he doesn't expect you to start reading them, you'll be fine.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Although I know that is not the way of the JoHo..

12. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

lmao...i am picturing them straining to hear whats going on, and I shout that...

13. Xac

Xac Visitor

Well said.

14. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Fo shizzle.

15. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Been there, done that. My husband is an ex Witness.

Before he finally left the "cult" for good, our dating relationship was kept pretty quiet from his family (his mother mainly, his father was not a Witness at the time) until we moved in together and got married. We were always either at his studio, or at my house, or out and about. Never at his house when we were dating, except if his mother wasn't home.

Honey, I feel for you. It's a rough road. I've been the emotional support person for most of my brother in law's long-term girlfriends, because his mother, although I do love her, is vicious when it comes to him dating, just as she was with my husband.

Just don't take it personally. That's probably the best advice I can give. And if you want to be intimate, you might want to consider doing it somewhere else other than his house. ;)

16. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

yes, this is our plan, we are just trying to get the family used to our "worldliness"

17. juliagulia

juliagulia Member

thanks for the advice...just kinda sucks..as you know hippychick. what was the final push for your husband to leave the congregation?

18. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Who chooses a dumbfuck religion over a hot woman anyway..

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are you sure that juliagulia is hot?

20. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Sounds kinda hot.

Tits or GTFBTTC.