my bestest freinds 2 1/2 year natural dreads update

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by soaringeagle, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

im not mad, i said everyone has the right to their opinion, was just explaining mine is all. Its just a name, but hey at least i didnt name her edna or agnes or maybe hortence. lol

2. neim

neim Member

well believe or not, 'edna', 'agnes' and even 'hortence' are entitled to the same respect.

BUT HEY!

3. beautifulwarrior

beautifulwarrior Member

Wow.....just wow. How old are some of us here. Really?

Chevy your dreads are nice. One of the few tidy representations of neglect dreads that I've seen. Great work!!

4. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

there was no need for any of that SE. he simply stated his opinion and you start raving about how hes trying to start another confrontation?! the way i read it, its YOU whos starting another confrontation.

seriously, i dont want you to feel like youre being bullied/pushed away or whatever, but seriously, lighten up! people are allowed to have opinions - thats about anything, dreads, names, birds, anything.

one love and all that?
    :cheers2:

5. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Raven is both a beautiful name for a person and a beautiful, enigmatic bird that was regarded as sacred by many ancient cultures worldwide. They feature quite predominantly in a lot of western European lore, particular Britain where it's one of the oldest symbols of ancient British sovereignty. It's also the totem bird of the Norse god Odin, the Celtic god Bran, the Celtic goddesses Macha, Branwen, and the Morrigan, Hindu Shiva, Greek Aesclepius... and many more. For anyone who's interested: http://www.druidry.org/obod/lore/animal/raven.html

6. amybird

amybird Senior Member

They're also really smart :)

7. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

most animals are really smart, spesh when compared to humans

8. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Yeah, they often represent wisdom and prophecy in old lore.

9. neim

neim Member

tell that to emily/raven
    those things have nothing to do with growing up these days.

self-centered hips.

10. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

Well SE..my Raven is now 17. I am 35..as old as I look Im afraid! I was 18 when I had Raven...#1. I was a huge Poe fan in the day #2. It was different.. #3 She had a head full of black curly hair
    Raven/Emily wanted to change her name for much simpler reasons...she couldn't find pencils with her name on them in the 5th grade. Her family and closest friends still call her Raven..and she is embracing the coolness now that she is older.
    My kids
    Raven Emily 17
    Ainsley Elizabeth 15
    Hannah Lorene 10
    Lydia Jan 5 TODAY!!!!

11. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

I think Raven is a beautiful name. When naming my own, I considered it....it was a toss up between Willow, Raven, Amara, and Freya. I went with Amara because it had the most meaning to me at the time [it means eternally beautiful...and her middle name, Chai, means life] Plus it just rolls of the tongue in a very romantic way I think.

12. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

Ok,,,, that was a crazy lil twist off the original post in this thread. So Im gonna try to swing it back the other way,,,,,,soooooooo about those dreadies eh??? Lmao,,

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hahahsa its easy to get twisted off the post
    sooo post some pics of the dreadies and raven and cheyanne (if u want) i just think mandy will see ecxactly why i think amara would be instant freinds with them

callie happy birthday to your youngest!
    i thought u were like years younger couldnt imagine u having a kid over 13

14. Callie4Strings

ahhhh thanks SE :) Im cool with being an old bitch though....such a great thing turning 35....you kinda hit this I dont really give a shit mode...its awesome!

15. Annie Anxiety

Annie Anxiety Member

Wow, natural dreads can really look that good? I've only seen people with short hair try it. I thought it looked awful, but yours are beautiful. I'm kinda reconsidering this backcombing thing at the moment....

16. OzzyDread

OzzyDread Life Supporter of Peace

17. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

Wow SoaringEagle.

I was reading down the thread and I've gotta say that I didn't really understand the topic either. It was kind of going from A to B to F to A to G. Know what I mean? It was all over the place; ie. with spirituality, nature, cosmetics, etc.

This isn't meant to be an attack, but these people were really just trying to understand. From an observer's view, you appear to be the one who seems to have a bit of a temper. They're not trying to criticise you but it seems like whatever anyone says, if it's not what you wanted to hear, you just get overly angry.

It would be nice to talk to you but now I'm totally put off by your temper! So I think I'll wander off now.

18. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

35?:eek::eek:omg your amazing and look great!!!!!!!

19. White Snow

White Snow Member

Great looking naturals

20. Callie4Strings

haaa thanks Lux! Enjoy your 20's chickie cause you will be here before you know it!!!!!