My best friend is Alexa

Discussion in 'The Media' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

You know he's living a lonely life to mak a computer his best friend.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

God I hate Alexa!!!!!!!!

It records everything it hears and stores and builds a profile...... MY PARENTS ARE SHEEPLE MORONS AND DONT CARE ABOUT THIER PRIVACY!!!!!!!! (My mom calls me a conspiracy theorist -- YES I AM AND I KNOW HOW BAD IT IS))

Whenever they arent using it I EITHER PRESS THE MUTE BUTTON ON IT OR SHUT IT OFF........ I dont want it listening and recording me!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Even if that were true, Alexa records every little detail about your parents

Seriously, who is going to give a fuck?

With the exception of bank/credit card details, our "privacy" not very exciting

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

You should see my little ones playing with Alexa!
    They take turns of asking her questions..
    Might have said this before.. but ask Alexa..
    Alexa tell us about farts... or Alexa do a squidgy fart... what they learn about farts keeps them going about 15 minutes.. 15 minutes in a kids life, is a long time.. have to admit, the kids had me laughing..
    Thankyou Alexa for allowing me 15 minutes of laughs with my little ones..

7. morrow

morrow Visitor

If it does record everything, God knows what it made of that!

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

But it's the kind of thing that could be benign now, and dangerous in other circumstances.
    What if Hitler had Alexa?

Dude111 likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, have a think about what you are saying.

Since you want to go there:

Say they had Alexa, Google Assistant in 1940s europe. You think everyones going to be more worried about Alexa than say all the German tanks, artillery, execution squads etc?

They found Anne Frank, she didnt have Alexa, ratted out by some hitler youth twat.

Or if your country went all George Orwell, it would be your fellow citizens youd have more to worry about, .....Alexa, errr, you could just like unplug

Unless your parents are sitting around talking about their plans to blow up a government building in Oklahoma City with fertilzer.......and even if they did you can bet Amazon isnt going to spend a dime on monitoring any keywords that dont involve you buying shit off them. Most you'd get is a whole bunch of ads for fertilizer, garden mulch, gardening tools

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'm just saying
    if we ended up in some fucked up situation with a crazy dictator, they'd have such a record of everyone, all their political hyperbole and yeah, everything they buy.. Considering what conventional advertising does to people I'd rather it not get more sophisticated. I know you don't believe in the coming of AI but IF it does develop, I think it won't be like, a moment of creation, it'll evolve, and technology like Alexa will play a part. I don't like the thought of a computer listening to anything from my most unpopular opinions to an argument about finishing the bread.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Does Chinese society and gubberment and how they infringe on privacy appeal to you?

Driftrue likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's more likely than him having siri anyway. siri definitely does not sound like an aryan name.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Siri is a Scandinavian female given name. It is a short form of Sigrid, of Old Norse origin, and literally meaning "beautiful victory", from Old Norse sigr (victory) and Old Norse fríðr (beautiful). The name Siri has been widely used since the Middle Ages, and is a common name in Norway, Sweden and the Faroe Islands.

Asmodean and Driftrue like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, I can safely attest that Siri had never given me a beautiful victory. A lot of frustration maybe but never a beautiful victory.

15. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Super siri wouldn't have been noticed and Alexa shoulda went to school to have a long death.

16. JayR

JayR Members

sometimes I just let these ladies (alexa and siri) talk to each other and it makes me feel less lonely :tearsofjoy: