My Aunty

Discussion in 'Communism' started by carpetbagger, Jun 10, 2020.

1. carpetbagger

carpetbagger Member

My Step Aunt is the only surviving member of her extended family. She lost them all in the Cambodian killing Fields.
    Their crime was essentially to wear glasses.
    He was a university professor and she was a primary school teacher. They were split up and she later found out he was hacked to death where he stood outside their home as soon as she turned the corner and was bundled with their children into the back of a lorry.
    He wasn't even worthy of a bullet.
    She and their four children, were eventually force marched into the countryside where over the next year they were all, apart from her, worked and starved to death. She barely survived and has had ongoing severe physical and mental health problems all of her life as a result.
    She lost 15 members of her family and her story is far from unusual amongst the 2,000,000 that they murdered for this ideology.
    But no, that wasn't real communism ........this time it will be different.

2. Motion

Motion Senior Member

If there's any good news the days of Communist revolutions are over. We won't be seeing any countries turning Communist again.

Tishomingo likes this.
  3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's fucked up. I understand the leader of the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, was a very charismatic person, but it's still astounding how he could get his followers to practice such a perverted ideology. It's also astounding how the world stood by and watched, doing nothing, until Vietnam finally stepped in and put an end to it.

4. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

lets do drugs