my attempt at stand up

Discussion in 'Humor' started by questing400, Jan 28, 2009.

1. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

2. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Nice I was thinking of trying this out so I could get a feel for my own stuff vocally. Maybe get some constructive criticism.

3. questing400

I was kind of hoping for the same thing with this, but yours is the first comment.

This is a shorter little skit which perhaps is a little better. But until you try (and tape yourself) you really have no idea how you sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKf7j3NZypI

Any and all feedback would be appreciated...

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

haha i thought that was pretty good man, keep up the work.

5. PurpByThePound

I would just suggest enunciation in just a few areas. Maybe it's just the camera's microphone or the setting.

I like it though.

6. questing400

Yeah, that's a great point. It's actually a remote control and not a mic. But I still have to work on not being nervous - talking slower - and pronouncing my words clearly.

But again, practice makes perfect with these things. Either way, it's a fun thing to try in the privacy of your own home with friends.

At this point, I couldn't imagine getting up in front of actual strangers and trying this. I laugh too much at my own jokes...

7. PurpByThePound

I think you should go for it, I might be going out to some open mics here soon myself.

As for comedians laughing at their own jokes? I think it makes it that much easier to laugh with them, honestly.

Youtube Kyle Cease - Sad God. he can barely control his own laughter and i think that makes it so much funnier. I saw him live and he laughs with the crowd.