My A1C Continues to Go Up.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jimbee68, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Last time they tested my A1C it was 8.7. Now it's 9.3.

Why is it going up? I have made some gradual positive changes. I'm certainly not doing anything worse. And I take Metformin twice a day and Januvia once.

Why would it go up? And could it be due to the unseen influence of some other meds I am taking?

I'm seeing the doctor Wednesday. So feel free to include advice for what I should ask him.

:)

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

That's not fun sounding. Glad you are going to see the Doctor... but I wonder how is your exercise routine? I found it takes more than reducing calories, but burning some as well. I hope he has a definitive answer for you and things get better.

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Are any of your medications steroids ??? - if so, there's the answer - my hospital gave me a course of steroids couple of years ago and it pushed my blood sugar levels up to over 30 +

Josiah Hedges and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I struggle with my numbers all the time. I found even stress can raise my numbers. Drives me crazy trying to keep control

~Zen~ likes this.