MUST READ> what happened to lani garver

Discussion in 'Books' started by lucyinthesky16, Jan 28, 2005.

1. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

has anybody else read this book? if you havn't you should! good is an understatement. its about a popular high-school girl who's in remission for leukimia, and one day meets lani. but nobody could really tell if lani was a guy or a girl at first. Eventually they become friends by fate, and he helps her through her life and makes her see that her homo-phobic friends arent reallly friends after all. he even risks his life for her.

this was soooo sad at the end, it bummed me out the rest of the day. but you should really give this book a try, once you pick it up, you can't put it down!

2. Moro

Moro Member

OMG! I love that book! I didn't think I'd find anyone else who'd read it, but it's amazing isn't it?! It's so awsome, how the girl steps away from all she knows when she meets Lani and begins to think about life on a much deeper level than she would have otherwise. I think anyone who wonders about life should read What Happened to Lani Garver.

Hey Lucyinthesky, what do you think happened to him?

~Moro

3. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

*SPOILERS!!!*

ya know moro, im still thinking about that? (i finished it like 3 days ago...) i really REALLY hoped he was an angel, cuz i luved him so ;) but i think clair was right about his pack missin-i think his mom threw them out because she knew what happened, and she didnt want to deal with it. its that convenient recollection thing. also, if he really was an angel, he wouldnt be haunting tony or the shores, hed probably move on to the next 'claire.'
    but i could be wrong, what do you think?

4. Moro

Moro Member

*SPOILERS*
    I don't know... I really hope he was an angel. But maybe the book was trying to say that people can be angels...
    Hmm, I guess we'll never know what happened - thats kinda the point of the book I guess, to make up your own mind. Believe in angels or believe in hatred. I believe in angels.
    But really I suppose he drowned, can angels die? I mean, angels like Lani, who are kinda half human. I love the book, even though it brings up more questions than it answers. I think the author wants us to start questioning things.
    ~Moro