Muslims and Christians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThePoetSappho, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

I entirely agree.I'm not against religion or spiritual experience, but medievil dogmas hold us back & cause division & exclusiveness .We need to come together not be artificially kept apart.

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You can't strip people of their spiritual and religious beliefs just because you disagree with them. You can't strip people of their beliefs, period.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Stripping people of their beliefs, no. That's brainwashing, and that isn't cool. Stopping people from practicing their asinine beliefs, is totalitarianism as long as they aren't causing other's harm. Oppressing oppression doesn't work.

Educating people and being frank about reality is a different matter altogether. You seem to be discouraging debate out of a misguided attempt to respect other's beliefs. We do not and should not feel forced to participate in people's illusions. A person can believe whatever they want, but we should not censor, sacrifice, our thoughts for their religion.

It's one thing to be plain disrespectful to another person's face, about their beliefs or thoughts but you don't have to accept them without question. This is a free speech forum on the Internet; people shouldn't be expecting other's to agree with them.

4. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Its not that I would strip anyone of any belief,I didnt say that. From personal experience Ive seen how negative religions & dogmas can be,in discriminating against people & in dividing them against one another.

I speak particularly of certain religions treatment of women & homosexuals and of how members are discouraged from associating with members of other religions.

Much of what passes for religion is not the word of God but interpretations of men appointed to act as intercedors between the Divine & the worshipers. Look at the divisions ,hatreds & pogroms throughout history,all in the name of religion.

Ive no problem with anyones belief as long as it does not discriminate on the basis of genda,ethnicity or creed. I do not believe in freedom to ill treat others.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:2thumbsup:
    most intelligent post in this thread as well as others on the topic of terrorism.