Muslims and Christians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThePoetSappho, Apr 21, 2013.

1. wabbey

wabbey Member

Baptist church...

2. wabbey

wabbey Member

Same poo diferent smell .

3. texas.grok

texas.grok Member

4. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

There is a speech where a terrorist aptly said

You hate us for putting bombs in baskets to blow up your people.
    Well you use plane to blow up our people. If it pleases you, we would be happy to trade you our baskets for your planes.

Allah does not command anyone to kill.

Therefore I hold all men (and women) responsible. If they pick up a gun they are potential murderersand if they use that gun then they are. I don't care what excuse or reason they offer.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

THE HELL HE DOESN'T..[​IMG]..Why Don't You Get Your Miserable Hate Filled

Ass Off This Peaceful Hippie Forum And Take Your Hate Fueled

Bile Elswere...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nah...

7. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

well, i knew a lot of muslim kids growing up, and was kinda interested in their parents beliefs and stuff, particularly dug the ko'ran's which could be beautifully decorated.

so, having known some Muslims, this wasn't really news to me.

terrorism is almost always (95% of the time, according to Robert Pape, who created the first complete suicide bombing database of every incident since 1980) a response to foreign occupation, its a geopolitical act, not a religious one. terrorism has become a tool for affecting geopolitical change because it directly affects the voter base in a representative democracy, and often convinces them to force their governments to abandon an occupation, as well as bringing international attention to an occupation. this has been true from the IRA to the Munich olympics, and Al' Quieda are no different.

we make the assumption that it must be a religious thing that motivates suicide bombers because the act itself seems so extreme. this is a complete misunderstanding, the suicide vest was invented by the Tamil tigers, secular marxists, and was adopted by other groups because of the strength of message which it carried.

Sure religious differences are often used to motivate people, "t'was ever thus." and religious zealots are easy to manipulate to your cause (thats why we got them to fight the russians in Afghanistan) religion and nationalism go hand in hand, and when a foreign force occupies your land of a different religion, the two become inseparable, look at Ireland; a conflict with both religious and nationalistic elements to it. but the root cause was not a difference of religion, it was British occupation. ultimately blaming it all on a difference of religion is a convenient means of denying our own complicity, and a means of distracting your voterbase from the true goals of a terrorist organisation. what's more to the point, if you paint a geo-political war as a religious one, you inevitably create MORE religious radicals who feel that their beliefs are being attacked.

"its because of their evil dogmatic religion
    its because they want to destroy our way of life
    its because they hate democracy
    its because they hate our freedoms "

it certainly IS NOT because of any interference in their countries by US,
    in fact, we should only become MORE aggressive in our foreign policy, pour more troops overseas "fight them over there, so we do not have to fight them here" as GWB put it.

(and if promoting this kind of worldview creates religious tension and hatred within your own country, who cares? they're only muslims)

anyway, i'm not gonna argue that there are no religious extremists in Islam, but i think if you think its at all surprising that the majority of muslims think that terrorism is wrong (they're called extremists for a reason) then you've bought into a deliberately fabricated and ultimately probably dangerous lie, which continues to create more hatred and radicalism on both sides and in increasing numbers.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It's far easier for Chrsitians to distance themselves because Westboro Baptist doesn't run USA. Hell, the exposure Westboro Baptist gets is astounding, when you consider it's only one family.

We could distance ourselves a lot better by fucking ignoring them.

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Remarkable, MS made an excellent post.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You're generally against anybody criticising anything.

Why?

Can't you take it?

The fact is that there's a lot of shit in the world. A lot of shit that needs to be changed. And to be changed, it needs to be criticised. Simply because people believe something, does not make it anything other than hateful murderous dark ages shit.

There is nothing wrong with standing against those who want to drag us back to the dark ages.

Little-miss-"I used to have lots of sex now I'm a muslim" should go attend a real live stoning of a rape victim. Would probably help affirm her beliefs. (the sick thing is, that it probably really would, with the way religion and doublethink and groups and scapegoating work, in the human mind)

Sorry, someone needs to stand up, it's not hate and it's not lies, as you said in your rep message to me. Moderate islam is still batshit crazy.... and if you talk to seemingly moderate christians, you find the same thing. They DO believe in all sorts of horrible things and horrible justifications for horrible things. Why don't you stop just telling yourself that it's not so, and start looking at what's in front of you?

11. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ya, at work my Islamic co-workers all seemed very very bummed out.

Terrorism is a crime against Islamic people living in The West as it hinders the wish for integration & assimilation. Arabs I spoke to seemed proud that Rima Fakih won the Miss USA contest. I saw this as a wish for acceptance / integration. Terrorism drives a wedge between us and our Islamic immigrants. perhaps this is a motive?

12. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

You know it.
    There's money and power in keeping us at each other's throats.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I think that's pretty dumb. If anything, Muslims should view terrorists the same way Christians do. And Christians should view WBC the same way Muslims do.
    We are all humans after all, we aren't religions.

14. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I saw his response having nothing to do with avoiding criticism but a reaction specifically to Glen, who on occasion when his feathers get ruffled, likes to tell people to get off the forums or gets happy with the report button.

Love ya Glen, but it's a trend I've noticed. :biker:

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

he -repped me for a post in the other thread, and made several posts that are stronger than that one, in response to mine.

He has absolutly nothing to support what he says, he doesn't answer what I say, he just says that I'm wrong and hatemongering/intolerant (obviously, paraphrasing).

Sorry, islam's an intolerant religion of hate. I say that it's important that people can believe as they want, but if they openly subscribe to violent hateful religions, they SHOULD be watched, because their religion demands that if they really believe, they do abhorrant things. (I think the same of christianity, so we're clear. But to a slightly lesser degree. Not much lesser)

Being intolerant of things that demand all sorts of evil is simply not the same as general intolerance.

"I BELIEVE that I must do evil shit, and if you don't like it, you're a fucking bigot!"

16. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not at all! You are wrong again. I will elaborate on your full post later since I have a hangover and some partying to do. I think everyone can criticize everything but when it seems to me that someone is criticizing people and their religion because of certain aspects that are projected on them and/or their religion as a whole I can't help but give my own opinion (repeatedly indeed, because you repeat your same wrong hatemongering and generalizing view).

Some other posts of you are appreciated but in the regard of especially islam you seem extremely onesided. If you would nuance better and criticize on the things in islam that actually are true and hold sense I would support your posts.

18. StoneFeather

StoneFeather Member

Neither of these religions have a place in the future if we ever want to evolve as a species.

19. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm mixed on this. I want to agree with you, but at the same time, people are free and should be free to worship how they want.

20. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

both religions advocate violence.

i see no difference between religious extremists. part gullible, part hateful, part terrified. religion preys on these traits