Musician Jokes

Discussion in 'Humor' started by JonJRR88, Feb 25, 2022.

1. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

There's so many great ones full of wit/truth and it would be nice for all of us to have a laugh.

I know many of these jazz jokes are often repeated, changed around, mis-attributed at times, but try the best you can. Even if they're second-hand - the story behind them is also interesting, and informative as well as funny.

The last time I saw Mort Sahl, he told a joke that always stuck with me. He would go on the road with Stan Kenton and Dave Brubeck, and he is a comedian, so it could have been linked in with that group for convenience, but I'll just repeat what I heard....

Stan Kenton tells his band he got a tip that the narcotics officers were around, so be safe in regards to your "stuff". When the band gets to the venue, a guy (no one knows) comes in with a sax and asks if he can sit in with the band.. They say sure, but he's AWFUL... so Stan Kenton tells him:

"Man, I sure hope you're a cop!"

2. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

Paul Desmond (Dave Brubeck Band) was in a relationship with a woman, but her parents wanted to marry someone rich, and not a musician who "had no future".. Paul rapped it up with

"This is how her world ends. Not with a whim, but with a banker!"