musical ability???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by jerry420, Jun 24, 2006.

1. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

what about you?

i can play guitar well and piano as well as sing...

you???

2. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

drums.

i could bang em all day

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I can play the skinflute.

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I can sing. You didn't ask if I could do it well. I also can play guitar. Once again...you didn't ask if I could do it well. I can also play piano...and you know where this is going. I suck at instruments! (well, suck at practicing...I'd be pretty good if I weren't so damn lazy)

5. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

its not a matter of conviction its a matter of enjoyement...

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

never could get my left hand arround a full size fret board. fr horn in high school, mellophone in grade school, wooden 'streight flute' (recorder), keyboards (sort a, well i know where the chords are and manage to keep my fingers out of each other's way most of the time).

i wouldn't say i was ever up to proffesional standards. and that is WAS. haven't practiced in ages (or owned anything to practice on in ages, other then one of those little two note at a time two and a half octive little toy keyboards that fit in your backpack, i think i paid $30.00 for it 16 years ago. the're probably almost free now, if you can even still find them. probably better ones too.)

i did have a vox jaguar (keyboard) and a bunch of paia (analog synth) modules i played it through (back before you could buy anything like the computers we have now and digital synthasis hadn't even been invented, let alone midi).

i'm really more visualy oriented. the music thing was for me mostly a way to keep from going out of my gord until 3d immage synthasis became affordable to mere mortals like myself.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I can play guitar.. uhh.. somewhat decently. And I can bang drums very loudly. ;)

8. Friend

Friend Banned

I can sing but when I do the mouses throw themselves in front of the cats...

9. ruski

ruski Senior Member

im a good piano player and singer. im ok at playing sax, clarinet and drums. i enjoy drums, piano and singing most tho.

10. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

4. Skin flute

The elongated appendage that projects from a man's body between his loins.

Dude, did Coach Callaghan's skin flute rip open your ass like it did mine the other night?

11. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

Piano, organ, drums and I can sing in the shower and it doesn't affect the squirrels one bit.

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I can play the flute, the piccolo, and I've dabbled with piano, which is something I would love to learn more of. I have also been thinking of learning to play acoustic, and figured maybe my mother could teach me considering she used to play in a band in her younger years.

My hubby has taught me a few Zeppelin songs on the bass guitar, but it's kind of hard for me to get the hang of, plus I'm not really a bass playing kind of lady, but I like him teaching me it anyway for something to do.

I can play just about any song by ear on the piano. I can hear a song once, and be able to play it almost note for note. I inherited that ability from my mother. [​IMG]

13. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i have absolutely no music ability whatsoever....i tried learning the trumpet, wanted to learn sax, tried guitar...i can't do it, just can't...not for me

14. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

My son and I play drums together. it is fun. I think he is better at it than I am

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I can play the trumpet. :D But I can't sing at the same time....