Music

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by King Arthur, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Xtremetrippin

Xtremetrippin Member

I'll listen to just about everything but country. I grew up listening to it so I'm kinda sick of it now. I've only recently started opening up to rap and hip hop, but i already preffer rap, especially older 90s stuff. I love most rock related genres but my all time favorite bands would have to be in the area of Sublime, Metallica, Clutch, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Acid Bath, System of a Down, Alien Ant Farm, Incubus, and Nirvana. i just love everything and am willing to listen to anything once.

2. MatchboxAwakening

MatchboxAwakening Member

a little of everything. as long as its real. its the song not genre, i like rock, metal, punk, blues, country, bluegrass, rap, hiphop, acoustic, pshycadellic, world, classical techno industrial and more. like i said. song not genre

3. Xtremetrippin

Xtremetrippin Member

yeah, id have to agree with you cause i like some of Brand New which is weired when you look at my cd collection

4. blake1969

blake1969 Member

Ozric Tentacles, Doors, hendrix, eagles, Karunesh (compilations), there is quite a few.

5. Joie

Joie Member

Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, Leonard Cohen, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Band, Buddy Guy, Grateful Dead, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Billie Holiday, T. Rex, the Sonics, Pink Floyd, Warren Zevon, 13th Floor Elevators, Alice In Chains, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, the Black Crowes, William Elliott Whitmore, the Allman Brothers Band, Gram Parsons, Nine Inch Nails, Emmylou Harris, Grant Lee Buffalo, Hoodoo Gurus, Dr. Hook, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Billy Joe Shaver, Janis Joplin, Iggy Pop, The Kinks, the Velvet Underground, Kris Kristofferson, Bert Jansch, Robert Johnson, Fairport Convention, Brian Eno, Elton John, Chuck Berry, Black Label Society, the Replacements, Beulah, Wishbone Ash, the Who, Van Morrison, Type O Negative, Love and Rockets, Traffic, Rush, Sam Bush, Muddy Waters, John Lennon, the Doors, Porcupine Tree, Otis Redding, the Pogues, Howlin' Wolf, Nick Drake, Lucinda Williams, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Elvis Costello, Drive-By Truckers, Captain Beefheart, Judas Priest, John Prine, etc...

6. hippiepeece

hippiepeece Member

A few ^^^^ holy shit! I like most of those bands, though. And I agree with what people here are saying about rap. There was rap way back before it was called rap. When people actually sang for a reason not just about money, cars, women (in negative terms like bitches, hos, etc) etc. rap is supposed to stand for Rhythm and Poetry. I hear neither rhythm nor poetry in any of this mdern crap.

I'm mostly a rocker i listen to late 50's to early 90's. after that it got crappy. except for a few exceptions.

7. tculi

tculi Senior Member

iron and wine, air, passion pit, crystal castles, american analog set, neil young, the album leaf, the brian jonestown massacre, cloud cult, cinematic orchestra, fleet foxes, matisyahu, pinback, radiohead, a tribe called quest

8. *Heather*

*Heather* Member

the kind that means something and makes a difference to you. inspiring, moving and the kind you can feel. thats what music is all about.

9. arcticfunky

arcticfunky Member

My favorite bands would hae to be The beatles, the grateful dead, and sublime... i love all music mostly, from psychedelic rock to folk, to techno, to country, to some metal, to oldies. I dont like every song or band but pretty much every type of music i can find something i like.

10. raz5

raz5 زینب

i listen to a lot of "classic" rock, i like psychedlic rock, hip hop, folk, indian musik, i'm open with music i just don't like country...