Music! What's On?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Dillygirl, Apr 9, 2009.

1. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

I just watched this on youtube. Seemed weird. I didn't really like it.

2. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

You're a guy, right? I've noticed something with guys - they either hate Tori or they love Tori. There's no middle ground for some reason. Manfriend loves her, that's why I moved in with him. (Well, not really, it was more the screaming orgasms, but being able to listen to Tori helped.)

I'm listening to "We Made You" through my kid's wall and wondering wtf a 13 year old got the uncensored version, I'm waiting for the endocet to kick in before going in there to take it away from her.

3. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

lol.....yeah I'm a guy. I tried to get into it but it just didn't seem right. I've never heard of Tori before. Does she do a lot of covers? Funny shit about your kid. The internet can be a scary thing sometimes if you have kids.

4. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

My kid used to be good. The day she turned 13 the evil Estrogen Fairy came along and hit her with the Witchy Wand. She's scary.

Tori Amos did an album called "Strange Little Girls," on which she did covers of a bunch of songs written by men, like "Happiness is a Warm Gun," by John Lennon, "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode, and "I Don't Like Mondays." It's a great album but like I said, lots of people just don't like her. I think her best song is "Taxi Ride," if you're gonna listen to something of hers listen to that or "Hey Jupiter" first. She's not to everyone's taste, but I love her piano work and her voice.

5. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

lol @ your kid. Anyway - I'm gonna go check out "Taxi Ride" and "Hey Jupiter". Thanks!;)

6. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Enjoy. And hey, at least Tori's hot, so if you check the videos on YouTube and you don't like the music, you at least have some eye candy to ease the pain.

I just went in and gave my kid my NWA CD and told her if she's gonna listen to rap she should listen to REAL rap. I swear if anyone finds out what goes on in my house on a Sunday morning, they'd call The People.

I'm listening to H I M, "The Funeral of Hearts." Ville Vallo has the voice of an ANGEL.

7. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

Alright I can officially say that Tori Amos is not for me....

And I can't stop laughing at the thought of you giving your kid an NWA CD to listen to. Ahh ...the good ol' days!!

8. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Yeah, like I said, she's an acquired taste. I'm just a big fan of most pianists (and she plays the way I wish I could - I'm just good enough to know that I'm not good enough, know what I mean?).

Listening to NWA - "Straight Outta Compton" My child will be begging to go to church in oh, about 10 more minutes.

I'm evile.:cool:

Coldfusion, check your PM's.

9. CoLdFuSioN167

CoLdFuSioN167 Member

^ My head hurt a little after reading the first part of that post.....lol

Checking PMs....

10. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

TI is definately real rap. Dilly you crack me up. Its fun fuckin with each other aint it? I dont think I ever officially welcomed you, but its good to have you on the boards. We could use a lot more people like you, who arent snorting tylenol and are generally just fuckin cool.

Welcome aboard, cupcake. :)

11. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! Banned

Yeah, it was a nice surprise to come back to the boards after my break and find some really awesome new people.

<3 Dilly!

12. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Aw, thanks you guys. :D

Wait a minute, you're not just saying that cause you've seen my ass, right?:cool:

13. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

ahhh what? you actually put a pic up of your ass?
    damn, must of missed that haha.

listening to radiohead-street spirit and playing along on guitar :cool:

14. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

nah Dilly, its because ive seen your ass AND your cool. Its like milk n cookies, cant have one without the other

15. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

Um yeah, I put it in my album (it was the COVER) for a week. You SNOOZE you LOSE, hahahaha. I'm sure somebody saved it.:D

16. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

I can honestly say that it's not solely because of your ass. It is an added bonus, however.

Are you used to all these young guys wanting you? lol.

17. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

No, but I could GET used to it. :cool:

18. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

You still haven't talked to me on aim...

19. Slingblade

Slingblade Member

I bet you could get used to a 24yr old like me making you feel young again everynight :)

Trust me I know exactly what to do with that 40yr old ass

20. Dillygirl

Dillygirl Member

1. I have to reinstall my AIM. I'll do it tonight when I'm done working.

2. I AM NOT 40! Sheez.