music to kick it to

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by tiki_god7, Jun 6, 2004.

1. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

hey all.....what all is your idea of a good cd to groove to while tripping?
    My personal fav is Vida Blue - electra guide.....I'm fairly sure that that cd was written either while tripping or with the thought seriously in mind with lyrics like: "Treasure moments like these into your seventies
    Keep the moment alive it’s an all night drive
    Then try to recreate this in every state
    Well at least you can try
    But the magical experience won’t last
    Nearly that long, time passes by
    You can hang on but the harder you try,
    The less you enjoy, hold on tight"

the day I got my friends into the band we were running around in the country until we heard the music playing in my car so we piled in and listened to the cd about 3 or 4 times.....feeling as though my car were a space ship carrying us through the galaxy.....

I really gotta try it to Jimi's Electric Ladyland now......

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

my favorite stuff to listen to while tripping is....
    infected mushroom
    hallucinogen
    juno reactor
    darude
    astral projection
    and various other trance and goa music

3. RivertranceJamGirl

RivertranceJamGirl Member

Vida Blues new one is super tripz...I like sound tribe sector 9...much better on shrooms and L than mdma....even tho its got a trance drummer, I think the trancy stuff sounds great on shrooms and L. On MDMA, I just want some freakin funk or rockin' jam grass shit. SOmething fast an fun and fiddly! I like that stuff trippin, too. Its been so long since L, Im wondering what all the shows I go to would be like on L. Its been since the early 90s, but if I was to choose a band I would see STS9 or SCI or go on a bad trip with Les Claypool, but only live. At home I would probably put on a show by Disco Biscuits, STS9, SIgnal Path, or some bohemian jams by Taarka, Hanuman, Trillion Green...maybe some old school Cocteau Twins, Siouxsie Sioux, Beck, something lush and crazy! Something about a good Grateful Dead or Phish show if your into that sorta thing, becaues it takes you to Trippin Home and its serious and goofy and psychedelic all at once. But nothing beats futuristic epic melodic organitronica for psyches!

4. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

Totally agree with everthing she said^. Good trip music in my opinion is STS9, great great GREAT on mushies. Keller Wiliams-Laugh. SCI any of it. Lotus, they're a lot like SOud Tribe but they take the drumnbass a little further. I love listening to very lucid exploartaory music when I'm on L...definately Dead and Day By the River and Michael Hedges and people like that...Tool and Floyd of course as well. Its all good as long as it can take you somewhere. mmmm.:)

5. chris

chris Member

Floyd
    hallucinogen
    and one u problem havent heard, download Steve Reich - Piano Phase, its crazy if you focus on it while high or tripping

6. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Tool - Lateralus (the album)

7. sleeping jiva

sleeping jiva Member

classical music, swing, music from 30's.

YOU CAN LISTEN TO ANYTHING, CAUSE EVERYTHING IS GOOD MUSIC.
    open yr.mind

8. MoonIsBright

MoonIsBright Member

I enjoy The Doors, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, but I love Hendrix ( Electric Ladyland), but i will listen to almost all classic rock. It all sounds great to me.

Still Trippin

9. diktnemele

diktnemele Member

Try the postal service there SUPA COO

10. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

Beatles
    Gomez
    Beck
    Spoon
    Grateful Dead (Dark Star!!!!!!!!)

11. trippytrippy

trippytrippy Member

whenever im on any kind of drug but especially when im on acid i love listening to live phish and grateful dead shows you can just feel the music in your body and hearing the improvising is great because you never know what is coming. i just think live shows are the way to be when tripping.

12. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

The Pink Floyd album Ummagumma, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead and Tool.

13. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

yeah I'm glad people are mentioning tool...too many people just hear the word tool and seem to think of gothic rock or something.......when given a listen most will discover an extremely talented almost psychedelic rock/jam band(using the term jam band losely)

14. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

Word to your mother.

15. Hazy

Hazy Member

Hi. I'm new in this forum, and this is my first post in the Psychedelic threads. Has anybody tried Gong's YOU? I've used it may times to start my trips, and I think this music was done exactly for that purpose. Start playing it when you feel the first effects, and after it's finished (the last song is called "You can Blow your Trip Forever), you'll find yourself in a different world. It never fails. It's as if these guys from Gong decided to put a tripping manual into music.

Gong were this psychedelic music commune in the late 60's in France (similar to the Dead in S.F.). All their music is heavilly influenced by the psychedelic experience, and it really shows.

16. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

Incubus- A crow left of the murder is great for tripping. I also listen to a lot of oldies, Floyd, Zeppelin, shit like that. I usually put on some Modest Mouse though.

17. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Trance and electronica are usually my choices on mushrooms or acid. When coming up I like to keep things pretty chilled, maybe some Air or Mum. Of course it's not long before you want to step it up a bit with some Aphex Twin or Leftfield.

I had a couple of tabs at Glastonbury watching Paul McCartney and it so wasn't the right drug for the evening! I thought I was gonna die at the start of the show and felt unable to move for ages! Don't know what that tells you, but next day I had three for Orbital and I was right at home.

Macca and 60's Co. like Hendrix or The Velvet Underground get played when there's pot on the go. Or in a sober stage.

18. Purplehaze

Purplehaze Member

Lots of classic rock. Techno is pretty cool too. I don't like listening to metal or hard rock music while tripping at all. I usually forget to listen to music while I'm tripping and run around in the woods all night. Ironically the Grateful Dead are my favorite band and I've never heard them tripping. So I plan on listening to alot of them next time.

19. Mushroom Master

Mushroom Master Member

any kind of trance music something that is energenic it feels really good

20. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

My suggested list for listening to whilst tripping:

Pink Floyd - Relics
    Tool - Lateralus
    Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
    Pink Floyd - Piper at The Gates of Dawn
    Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets