music stores close to early on sunday

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, Jul 2, 2006.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

broke a string and was all out, so i drove all the way down to guitar center(again in the same day) to see if i could get some...only realizing they close at 6 pm on sundays [​IMG]

sooo...i took the D string offa my banjo and put it on my guitar. all i can say, is that it works [​IMG]

wish i had someone to play for though, not in much of a mood to play music alone =/

2. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

Hahaha. That's great. And I know the feeling of not having anyone to play with/for.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I didn't know you had a banjo.

4. rhasta.penguin

mhmm. i use it on the song "lovely knowing nothing" thats on my myspace page. i plan on using it more often when i start recording more music. i have two songs ready to record, and tomorrow i get my audio interface, so i can record better quailty music on my laptop. i will most likely be doin some banjoing on them :D

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Glad you're keeping it real with the banjo. [​IMG]

6. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

banjos are awesome :D it's cool that you can play your guitar, with or without someone its still always good to play :D

7. rhasta.penguin

ya, its still fun to play for myself, but sometimes its nice to have some hearing you play. then you can get connected to them :D

8. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

thats true :D
    i love it when you're in a group and someone plays and everyone starts singing :D

9. rhasta.penguin

hell ya...man i miss those days of high school :). Used to always sing sublime, modest mouse, built to spill, radiohead, elliott smith, pixies, just abunch of stuff...but it was the greatest of times!

i need to make a sing-a-long song now :D

10. gulfwinds

gulfwinds girasoles para los amigos

i wish i could play/sing. why did i have to come form a family where nobody ever never played/sung, the complete anti-talent in music family...:(

when i was 8 they tried to teach me to play the flute but the teacher never called back after the third lesson. i was a disaster. :(
    when i was 11 they kicked me out of the school band but i managed to sneak in through the back door at the school show and still sing in the band. I think i ruined the show. :(
    at 15 they bought me a guitar but no one i know could tach me how to play it.
    and then every year i go this medieval town my second home, and everybody's drunk on the street singing, and if i try to sing along, even drunk people laugh

11. rhasta.penguin

aww...thats really sad to hear sonia. im sure there is still hope for ya yet, you just havent found the right person to teach you the right way :D

no one in my family had any music talent either, but i had an awesome teacher that really helped me out.

12. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

man I only wish I could play banjo :D

instead i'm stuck for 8 yrs being a shitty-to-mediocre guitar player.

Now you're out a banjo string. :eek:

I finally friggin got a song finished.. I just threw some chords around and come out with something I actually like for the first time in two months. Derek got me all inspired. :H Uploading it to myspace right now.

What kinda strings do you use Pauly?

13. rhasta.penguin

i usually just get martin strings...its actually been so long that i have gotten strings or cared to look at the packaging, that i dont know exactly waht type of martins they are :eek:. i think imma get a new type of strings next time i go shopping.

and as for my banjo string...got a point there meg :p guess i could just buy some new banjo strings while im at it to :D

and hell ya for a new song! i'll listen to it before the hour has passed :D

14. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

I play usually Martins or D'Addarios work just fine too.

What do you think about Elixers? :eek: I've heard good and bad.

15. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

Play some music for me!!! :D Please? :D

16. rhasta.penguin

i bought them once. the good thing is that they sound awesome, the bad is that they are expensive. and i dont know if it was cause i was playing to ruff, or if it was just the string, but i broke one of the strings within a week of puttin em on. i dont think their worth the price in my opinion

17. rhasta.penguin

if ya really want me to, i sure will :D

18. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

:D

Haven't said this to you in ages but...

I LOVE YOU!!! :D

19. rhasta.penguin

aww, yay! i love ya to lisa :D

want me to play to you on aim or msn?

20. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

6pm? That's late... hereabouts most places close at 5pm (like the malls n such)