Music image pre-painting planning.

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Fallout55, May 26, 2007.

1. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

For a senoir project in school I have to pick a song and paint a picture to go along with that song. I chose Lateralus by Tool and I havnt painted the picture yet but I'm thinking of doing something like this. Please tell me what you think.

*Note the eye is stolen from Alex Gret but much more simple, I will be passing an Alex Grey picture around the calss during my speach tp show how it goes together with Tool, so no one should think it was my idea.

[​IMG]

Please go easy on my poor art skills and rember this is just a planing for the painting I whipped up in paint to get an idea.

Heres a link ot the song if you have not herd it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTvwcLylZzs

2. Hamfoot

Hamfoot Member

hey cool idea!
    "black, then, white are, all i see, in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, lets me see"
    Should be a cool piece :) It seems pretty simple though art wise, maybe in the real painting you could portray the colors differently to make it more interesting.

3. Biida

Biida Member

I'd throw in all sorts of different shades of red and yellow... Make it an oil painting and knife the black on nice and thick with all sorts of texture; maybe even get a stick and, while it's still wet, carve/poke words/symbols into the black... But that's just me. :)

I think it's a great idea and a fair representation of the song. It'll be great!

4. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Heh I'd go for something more complicated but I've never painted before, also it has to be acrylic.
    I'm nearly done now I think its coming out pretty good.

5. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

post pic when you're done

6. Biida

Biida Member

Totally. I'd love to see it. :)