Mushrooms and marijuana

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by RoBoWaLkEr, Jun 7, 2004.

1. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I recently took mushies for the first time, and during the experience I smoked a pretty good amount of marijuana, but didn’t feel any effects from it whatsoever. I asked a friend about this and he said that mushrooms do that…that you won’t be able to get stoned until you come down from the mushrooms. Is this true? If so, is there any way around this?

2. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

I don't know why you would want to get around it. I mean, aren't the effects of the mushrooms better than the effects of the weed? In my opinion yeah. Don't know why you would want to get high when trippin. It's wierd though

I usually try to avoid smoking herb when I'm tripping. Like I said, I love tripping so I don't want to be all high at the same time...it's like apples to orangs for me. But I don't know, cus I was trippin a couple weekends ago and as I was peaking I hit this very very chronic weed twice and I was just sent off into the next dimenson. It propeled me to another level of awareness. Its never done that before, so your guess is as good as mine.

3. Lil' Blue

Lil' Blue Member

I heard that if you smoke while you trip the weed brings down your trip, Its's not as high energy as it would be if you didn't smoke. If you want to smoke something while your tripping, dry out some of you shrooms, back those in a bong.

4. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Weed doesn't bring down your trip, shrooms overrides weed, but I still smoke throughout my trip, it's relaxes you at points.

5. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Me and a buddy each took 4 grams dried of some cubes, smoked a bowl slightly before the peak of the trip, the trip was even better after that, so in my opinion, it enhances the trip.(not in visuals, in laughing and how you think)

6. LongHairKid

LongHairKid Member

smoking weed with shrooms is great
    ive done both by themselves
    smoke weed when the trip is coming on
    and when its starting to fall
    keeps you super interested in the shit thats going on
    also adds to laughter

7. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

i smoke weed everyday so i obviously smoke when trip its just a natural thing to do. but i find my self chainsmoking cigarettes when im trippin especially at my peak.

8. LongHairKid

LongHairKid Member

yeah i dont know what the deal with that is
    my second time tripping my freind found a pack of cigarettes
    (i never smoke)
    we sat there and smoked the whole pack
    i dont know why
    it was just what i needed to do

9. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

ya one of my good friends i usually trip with only smokes cigarettes when hes on shrooms. either he contiuosly asks me for a cigarette or he buys a pack if he has money and gives me the rest (if theres any) after the trip

10. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

last time i shroomed i sat in my garage talking to my mom and smoking cigarettes.. my friend that was with me said i smoked 8 back to back (2 at a time lol). also had a shot of crown royal and some beers and didnt feel the alcohol buzz.. and i have an extremely low tolerance to alcy. i guess shrooms are just so powerful and good that you dont feel the lower effects of other drugs.

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i've only ate shrooms twice, but both times i smoked too. didn't do much, i just felt the urge. i don't smoke cigs so i smoked a lot of pot.

12. blckra1n

blckra1n Member

yeah thats what happened to me b4 too... the weed didnt get my high

13. LostChord

LostChord Member

i dont have much mushroom experience.. tomorrow morning will tack another day on tho lol...

but with acid I used to smoke a couple bong packs outta this nice glass bong I used to have that would fuck you up royally.. and that aways sent me rocketing into the divine realm of inner experience...

but mainly i like to smoke after I take it.. so i'm high.. and then as i'm still high the trip hits me... and occasionally while on it if i feel like it.. i just feel comfortable smoking.. I enjoy it and I do it a few times a day so its just relaxing... but then always when i'm coming down.. makes the descent a lil bit slower.. and whatnot..

14. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

ime smoking a dank bowl on mushrooms intensifies teh trip

15. Neobob187

Neobob187 Member

Dont do this, I've tried smoking shrooms, and it's a waist of amazing shroomage. Just eat them. Smoking doesn't do anything.

16. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

No man, we're talking about smoking the reefer while ON mushrooms. Smoking mush does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

17. the Steve

the Steve Member

The act of smoking in general seems to fit quite nicely with a shroom trip. Like some of you, I'll chain smoke cigarettes while tripping even though any more than one while not-tripping tends to make me ill. And smoking a bowl right before the peak enhances the experience greatly. It's also nice to be able to smoke some ganja if you ever get a little unnerved during the trip, and it definitely helps the comedown as well.

18. mart_182

mart_182 Member

i always smoke when im tripping, smoking a nice fat doob when im watching the pretty colours generally rockets me into some other place, lol

19. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

I tend to chainsmoke a lot when I'm tripping because I love to watch the smoke and the smoke tastes much better! But I leave weed until I'm coming down. I've found it's a great way to come back down to earth because the shrooms effects are going anyways and you just need a metaphorical cushion to land on.

20. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I've had some extremely powerful and unexpected experiences combining marijuana at the peak of a shroom trip. I would not do it again.

I had taken about 3/4 of 1/8 of high quality shrooms, then toked some very good bud (about an hour into the trip). I got out of a car, stood up, completely lost all sense of balance. I was unable to stand. Total vertigo like I had never experienced before. There was no up, down, left, right, I had lost all sense of space and direction. Gravity pulled me straight down. My vision become so distorted that I could not see... everything turned completely white and some things were outlined in gold but it was nearly impossible to discern objects. White, with gold outline, replaced all color for more than 60 seconds. There was a very high-pitched "screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound accompanying the whole thing. As the visual distortion increased to the point of total white-light-blindness the screaming high-pitched noise increased as well. My body wobbled, knocked into the car, and I collapsed on the ground. I was stunned, unable to see, until the screaming high-pitched sound subsided and my vision gradually returned to normal.

Oddly, the white light and gold outlining reminded me of an experience I had on DXM in combination with nitrous oxide, almost 7 months prior. That experience, however, was not nearly as overwhelming as the shroom+marijuana combination. Weird.

Suffice is to say it was a very unexpected and somewhat frightening experience. After it happened I tried to stand up again, and the same thing happened, though to a lesser degree than before. That time, though, I was able to make it back into the car and safely sit down. The rest of the trip was extremely powerful and I was hardly able to move through most of it without feeling nauseated.

After that the trip became very introspective, uncomfortably so. I won't get into that. It was a very difficult experience, one of the most difficult I've had on any psychedelic drug. I learned a lot from it but it was hell getting through the last part of the trip.

I am an experienced psychedelic user, yet this was totally unexpected. I have combined marijuana with shrooms before in a different set and setting, of course, but with different effects. One time at the end of a shroom trip I smoked some decent bud and it created extreme three-dimensional visuals, some of which were very fractal in nature, and there was a lot of beautiful patterning. Another time, I combined mushrooms and marijuana with little noticeable effects. Needless to say this was VERY different from what I experienced several days ago with the white and the noise and whatnot.

All I can say is that marijuana combines with mushrooms totally unpredictably for me. And it may for you, too, you never know. Be careful.